News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My AE40 collection - AE40FAN

Started by AE40FAN, June 22, 2012, 01:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

So that would seem to imply that the addition of the Z wasn't so much an option but more of a design change or an upgrade. Therefore no need to change the part number.

I suspect that the AK number as opposed to the D number was a marketing thing to make it easier to specify the exact make up of telsets. Everything still seemed to have D numbers I think.

Terry

poplar1

Quote from: stub on October 21, 2012, 01:09:55 AM
Terry,
           Back to the dial plates- It seems like AE started out calling the plate with operator over O a D-53196 in 1934 and changed to AK- 32 in 1937 and in 1940 added the Z and still called it a AK-32 and they are clearly different. What's up with that?  Ever seen a AK- 31 ? Numbers and letters all black.
          All of mine seem to be wired the same.    stub

WE also did not change the part number on the 150B number plate when they removed the Z.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

dsk, here is a picture of the older style ringer. This one is a frequency ringer but the straight line ringer is the same size.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dsk

Is the ~ center hole in the base plate for fixing this type of ringer?
dsk

HowardPgh

The center hole usually has a grommet for the longer ringer to rest on.  There are normally 3 grommets on the base, 2 to mount the ringer and one for the end of the magnet to rest on, The screws that go through the grommets have a shoulder that is thicker than the threads that screw into the ringer.-Howard
Howard