News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1929 Western Electric Oak Phone Booth

Started by SIIIG, December 14, 2014, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

That is a beautiful booth! And the phone does it justice.  Nice find, nice job.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on February 11, 2015, 11:53:38 PM
That is a beautiful booth! And the phone does it justice.  Nice find, nice job.
I disagree...
The booth does the phone justice!

Very nice phone and booth! I have always liked the Gray 50Gs and 150Gs, they just look so cool!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

SIIIG

Thanks guys.. I really love it.. I call it my time machine. I step in and it brings me back in time to the good old days.. Lol.

I probably could have saved myself a ton of money if I just left the phone as is was when I first bought it. It still would have made a great display piece, but I had my heart set on getting it to work with coins to draw a dial tone. Having it work correctly is really a hoot! 

baldopeacock

Try these folks for replacement tin.   They started making tin ceilings in 1898.

http://wfnorman.com/

Doug Rose

The Phone Booth and the Payphone are fantastic. You should be very proud to own both. Simply outstanding...Doug
Kidphone

SIIIG

Quote from: baldopeacock on February 12, 2015, 11:57:51 AM
Try these folks for replacement tin.   They started making tin ceilings in 1898.

http://wfnorman.com/

Thank you for that link..  excellent site for what I'm looking for.

SIIIG

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 12, 2015, 12:38:25 PM
The Phone Booth and the Payphone are fantastic. You should be very proud to own both. Simply outstanding...Doug

Thanks Doug,

I've been like a proud Dad ever since I got her together and working. I have sent photos to all my friends and family too. Lol.. I just love these old phones.