News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BTMC 2713

Started by Matilo Telephones, March 24, 2016, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Got myself a BTMC 2713 (Bell Antwerp). Fresh from a barn, as you can see. Complete and with nice old cords. And it works too!
The wooden bracket is quite old and I think someone made it to use this telephone as a desk phone. There is also a regular line cord with terminal box, made of bakelite.
Made in 1930, so a very early specimen. This type was made since 1927. I see them often, but not with that older type handset.

So, now I have both the desk version (2712) and the wall version. :-)
I think I am going to keep the bracket. Give it a clean, sand it a bit an varnish it.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Doug Rose

Very Nice Arwin.....it is a stunning set. I love the handset. Great Find!....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

One thing is becoming clear....I have got to find me a barn!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

LarryInMichigan

That is a great find!  Please post pictures of the phone after it has been cleaned and polished.

Larry

unbeldi

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on March 24, 2016, 05:53:00 AM
Got myself a BTMC 2713 (Bell Antwerp). Fresh from a barn, as you can see. Complete and with nice old cords. And it works too!
The wooden bracket is quite old and I think someone made it to use this telephone as a desk phone. There is also a regular line cord with terminal box, made of bakelite.
Made in 1930, so a very early specimen. This type was made since 1927. I see them often, but not with that older type handset.

So, now I have both the desk version (2712) and the wall version. :-)
I think I am going to keep the bracket. Give it a clean, sand it a bit an varnish it.

Which type of dial does it have?
7019A, 7017A ?

Would it be possible to post a copy/image of the circuit label?
Is it identical to the 2712?

Wooden stands like this are very handy for displaying wall sets. (http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10094.msg107640#msg107640)

Matilo Telephones

Thanks guys. It sure needs a good clean and polish. Luckily not too rusty.

I have posted finding phones in a barn. To be clear, I have bought a load of 28 Phones that were in a barn. All these posts are from the same hoard. Here we do not see many phones in barns. People tend to keep them in the attick.

I'll take a look at that dial and diagram later.

Unfornutaly I need to disassemble the Phone quite a bit to get to the dial. It is less accessable as with the desk version.
Groeten,

Arwin

Russ Kirk

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos also Arwin.  I have one too but it is a bit newer with a different handset. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Matilo Telephones

Additional pictures of dial and diagram.

I'll post pictures of it after restoration on the forum. Perhaps I'll do a full restoration report on it, with before, during and after restoration pictures. It may be a while before I get round to it, though.
Groeten,

Arwin

unbeldi

Thanks.
I can't tell which dial it exactly is, so I'll wait for your report.
The diagram has the drawing number incremented by one over the desk set, but I have to trace it out to find any electrical differences; it is certainly drawn differently.
Thanks again.  I love the find...

Jack Ryan

From the off normal contacts and the pulse cam the dial looks like a 7019A

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on March 25, 2016, 08:58:42 PM
From the off normal contacts and the pulse cam the dial looks like a 7019A

Jack

I am not sure... I think the 7017A and 19A look deceptively similar even in the ON contacts and this one has a slightly different mounting plate for the worm gear axle, with two screws, rather than one. Clearly this is an earlier dial version than mine or in the catalogs  that I have.

Jack Ryan

I think the difference in the ON contacts is clear enough and the 7019 was released for this telephone. What is different is the worm drive bearing retainer. The original 7019 had one screw and two index pins, this dial has two retainer screws. Otherwise the dials seem to be identical. It is possible that this change came with a new number - I don't know.

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on March 26, 2016, 12:06:05 PM
The original 7019 had one screw and two index pins, this dial has two retainer screws.

It seems the other way around.  The later types had one screw.

I am assuming that the dial on Arwin's phone is original to the set of 1930.  That was my interest in the first place.