News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How many of you actually use your antique phones?

Started by BDM, September 21, 2008, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, how many are actually using their phones?

I have no modern phones
several at any given moment
Maybe one hooked up, when I'm in the mood
Hardly ever. Besides, they scare the kids
Heck no! Are you kidding? Display only!!

tell302man

Well I paid out the nose for it lol. It was in Roanoke Va in a collectors estate. I begged and I mean begged the people to sell it to me. I am not sure how long that gentleman had it. I am guessing more than 60 years. I ended up paying a little less than what they bring on ebay but when I saw it I knew I had to have it. I also bought this payphone for 200 bucks which I thought was a steal. Sorry about the pic but it is in its spot and never moves. I ended up getting the Strowger, Payphone, selecto phone, and several Western Electric dial sticks for about 3000.

Bill Cahill

I'm using my Black 1957 500 phone in living room, a 1964 Light blue 500i in my music room, and, my 1965? yellow wall phone in kitchen, but, at the moment, I have that one disconnected.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

liteamorn

tell302man

Shovelhead

As a addition to the collection posted earloer I now have a 1D2 with a dumb board that is the daily driver in the basement.
I am now collecting the parts to restore my 233G. Once that is complete, the next task will to construct a controller as I REALLY want it to fully function.

Rexophone

When I became one of the first Dallas users of Verizon's new fiber telephone service a few years ago, I thought it would be amusing to hook up my 1920s Western Electric candlestick phone.  Certainly the new and the old!

Steve

Dixon Hall

Currently have a 202 and a 302 on my desk, along with a red 500.  Have a 302 in the living room and another in the master bedroom. Candlestick in the foyer a la Andy Hardy. Brass 202-style phone in the powder room. All see use. I also have some cordless phones, which have their place.  I use a rotary a few times a week.  There are a few miscellaneous other rotaries around the place that I haven't gotten around to finding a spot for, but they work.  Dix

Birdman115

I have over 70 phones, AE, WE, S-C, Kellogg and Leich.  They all work.  Some use subsets, others are self-contained.  I rotate the phones at least once a week because I want to use them.  I have DialGizmos attached to all the outlets and this permits me to do * and # and have last number redial as well as have 6 speed numbers.  I get a kick out of using these old phones with these new functions.  With the DialGizmo, my 90 year old candlestick is almost state of the art!

Argee

All the phones that are hooked up and working:

AE34 on my desk
North Electric Galion on my wife's desk
WE 202 in the hallway phone nook
50AL candlestick in the Dining room
WE 102 in my nightstand
AE183 Spacemaker in the Sewing Room
WE 701 Princess in the Guest Bedroom
AE50 in the Kitchen
AE83 Spacemaker in the workshop

and a 2500 that I retrofitted with a 500 Shell in the Living room.  We had to have one touch tone phone in the house.

decked002

Been using my 102 /w 534 ringer box since about 5 minutes after it arrived in the mail.

Contempra

I actually use 2 old phones for the moment. in my kitchen its a Contempra.on my desk its a push button desk phone and in my living room is a modern touch tone with name and number display.

c64man

I use all of mine

In order by rooms

Master Bedroom
Touchtone Princess
Touchtone Blue trimline- ringer disabled

Bathroom
Wall mount brown rotary trimline

Kitchen
Wall Mount Black WE500

Living room
Brown WE500
Orange Stromberg Carlson Slenderette

Kids room
Red Western Electric 500

Computer room
Black WE 500
Black WE 2500

I need to go about disabling some ringers because at this point when someone calls the landline every phone rings and its a headache

LM Ericsson

Probably by the end of next month I will no longer have any of my antique phones for daily use anymore.
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LM Ericsson on October 28, 2013, 10:57:43 PM
Probably by the end of next month I will no longer have any of my antique phones for daily use anymore.

Dropping the phone company, hu?

I plan to buy this x-link thing, so I can use my cell on an old phone.

Ben

LM Ericsson

We have VOIP, specifically Vonage and My antique phones work on the system, I am just going to be using a modern phone in my bedroom.
Regards,
-Grayson