News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What kind of meter is this?

Started by MagicMo, September 28, 2014, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi Ya'll, I've missed everyone here. I have had a lot of stuff going on with my daughters sickness.
Anyway, I don't have any idea what the heck this big thing is. Do you?
Thx
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

unbeldi

It is an audio amplifier and mixer.   Tape, microphone, and line input, and a VU meter to monitor level.

Headphones monitor output in front, speaker output in rear.

An equalizer is a common component of amplifiers to adjust frequency distortions.

twocvbloke

At a random guess, it looks like something from an outside broadcast unit, Tape to play pre-recorded interviews, Mic for live speech, and line presumably goes off to a transmitter (be it something over telephone lines or to an actual radio transmitter)...

baldopeacock

Mo, didn't your dad work for the video transmission side of Telco, at some point,  distributing network feeds to the local TV stations?

Couple of things on here (like the EQ) suggest they may have used this to process audio in some situations.

MagicMo

Quote from: baldopeacock on September 29, 2014, 05:09:57 PM
Mo, didn't your dad work for the video transmission side of Telco, at some point,  distributing network feeds to the local TV stations?

Couple of things on here (like the EQ) suggest they may have used this to process audio in some situations.

Yes he did. Prob right.
:)
Practice Kindness :)