"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone-tastic telephone conversion kits imperial type plastic

Started by Jim Stettler, August 28, 2020, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Interesting phone find:
Phone-tastic  telephone  conversion kits made by Chrome phone products inc, Commack NY.

I recently bought a Phone-tastic  telephone  conversion kit. This is an imperial type plastic housing and handset handle.

The bonus was the end flap of the box. It was supposed to be marked with model and finish. The end isn't marked and the photo is of a 500 set. I suspect the person bought the wrong one and never used it.
Per the end flap:  these come  in:
1 line rotary
6 button Rotary
1 line TT
6 button TT
Wall phone (554?).

They came in the following colors
Chrome
Bright Brass
Antique Copper
Antique Brass
Antique Pewter
22Kt. Gold
That makes 30 different housing kits offered. This one is a chrome  ITT 6 button rotary kit, I also have a chrome  SC single line
set that I bought as a complete phone. It looks like the photo on the box.
Auction link for the kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-NIB-Phone-Tastic-Space-age-Phone-Conversion-Kit-For-5-Multi-line-Phone/133490418178
( dead link 05-15-21 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A collector friend told me he had a brother-in-law that worked for a company that made this type of housings, he didn't know anything else.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have seen a copper 2-line WE princess phone before. I have a Bell 500 that may be the 22Kt. gold. It is different than some of my others imperial gold sets.
Bell may of sub-contracted some plastic plating to this company. I base this on  many of these type finishes were small runs,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am happy with the set, the end flap was a bonus.
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

I am having a photo issue. I will try to get photos of the housing, the SC 500, and the end flap of the box.
There is a fishing wire included in the handset handle.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.