and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 295-AK subset

Started by Sargeguy, March 06, 2011, 11:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Another eBay find,  a little older than the last one:

http://tinyurl.com/4owgas2

Different set-up than my other 295-As.  The 51A retard coil seems to be the difference.  The terminals have been moved to the top, a new schematic added and its been painted black.

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

RDP

Very nice Sarge! I should have been looking. That's a price I could even afford.

Sargeguy

Thanks.  Now if I can just figure ourt what it was used for.   There are 3 sets of wires.  One is for TIP and Ring, the other is for an external ringer and the third is a wiring harness that attaches to several of the terminals.  Apparently an early key-set ringer box???  I will have to find my reading glasses and check the diagram more closely.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Phonesrfun

I see that Steph had some information on the TCI forum that is was probably used in a railroad environment.

-Bill G

RDP

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 12, 2011, 02:52:34 PM
Thanks.  Now if I can just figure ourt what it was used for.   There are 3 sets of wires.  One is for TIP and Ring, the other is for an external ringer and the third is a wiring harness that attaches to several of the terminals.  Apparently an early key-set ringer box???  I will have to find my reading glasses and check the diagram more closely.

Well Sarge, if you cant find a use for it, I surely can and you can make a profit. Hint, Hint!

Sargeguy

Give me a week to see if it grows on me or not.  Right now I have no use for it in its current state, but I could use a few of the parts,
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Bill

I don't mean to hijack the thread - I need a wonderful-looking lid diagram like yours, but for a 634A subset. The Library at TCI (I am a member) has a technically-correct diagram, but I wouldn't put it in the lid.

Anyone? Thanks.

Bill

Sargeguy

I don't have a decent 634A wiring diagram, but if anyone needs s 295AK diagram, LMK
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409