News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yellow Not Painted 302

Started by Doug Rose, December 16, 2020, 11:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Cords are newer, maybe when Odis was making them.  Maybe a Ray creation.

Very Nice....very expensive....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-Yellow-Western-Electric-302-Fully-moulded-through-color-NOT-painted/264978508668?
Kidphone

Key2871

The only color other than black I've seen a 302 in was faded White, and dirty Ivory. Pictures of Green, Blue, and pekin Red never yellow. I actually like that color.
It will be interesting to see if it sells.
KEN

Doug Rose

Seller is also selling a clear AE 40 and all colors of 302s

My guess is the Clear AE40 and the Yellow 302s are Rays....Doug
Kidphone

SUnset2

They sold a clear 302 last week. The auction was ended early.

19and41

Seeing that 40 makes me believe a lily could look better gold plated.  It's beautiful!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Agree, it is beautiful. I'd love to own it as Red is my and my son's fav color.
KEN

Jim Stettler

Quote from: SUnset2 on December 16, 2020, 01:54:35 PM
That was also a Ray K. set
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Even though it has some flaws, this is what one of Ray's 302's look like. This is one of Ray's rejects, hence the name.

kleenax

I shoulda known that THIS was why my "ears were ringing" today!  :P

All of these were cast around 2005-2008 for a collector named Steve Fields. This is his grandson that is doing the selling. Steve passed away in 2018, and this entire collection was in a storage container until now.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Pourme

~

I knew there was a story behind that seller.

Gotta be at least one or two good auction contests there!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

always loved that "Stanley" yellow.... remember when I first saw it.... so beautiful! oldphone works in Canada also has some beatiful phones.... love the fact that they can take the old metal phones and give them new life! just wish that the 300 and 400 series was still in production.... the art deco look is soooo cool!
John

magicbrain

Quote from: SUnset2 on December 16, 2020, 01:54:35 PM
Quote from: Jim Stettler on December 16, 2020, 05:39:43 PM
That was also a Ray K. set
I bought the Ray Kotke clear 302 - The seller had posted it with a starting bid of $400 or BO, so I sent him a offer - we went back & forth and I got it for $575 + shipping - far & away the most I have paid for a phone, but I think it was well worth it :)
I will do a post when delivered, as it was shipped via USPS & is taking forever.
Bruce

Quote from: magicbrain on December 23, 2020, 10:19:48 AM
I bought the Ray Kotke clear 302 - The seller had posted it with a starting bid of $400 or BO, so I sent him a offer - we went back & forth and I got it for $575 + shipping - far & away the most I have paid for a phone, but I think it was well worth it :)
I will do a post when delivered, as it was shipped via USPS & is taking forever.

Very nice, you won't be disappointed. Congrats.

Doug Rose

:o
Quote from: magicbrain on December 23, 2020, 10:19:48 AM

Very Nice Bruce, Ray did and outstanding on the clear ones. He made me one in 2005, fifteen years ago...how time flies  :o ...Doug
Kidphone

magicbrain

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 23, 2020, 10:43:53 AM
:o Very Nice Bruce, Ray did and outstanding on the clear ones. He made me one in 2005, fifteen years ago...how time flies  :o ...Doug
Doug, if I may ask how much did you pay for yours back then?
Bruce