"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Candlestick Question

Started by jjflory, August 19, 2017, 08:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjflory

All,

I recently bought this Kellogg Candlestick from ebay.  It has a cover/holder on the top of the transmitter that I guess holds a phone number or something like it.  I haven't received it yet so I can't tell if it's part of the Transmitter or Transmitter Cup or if it's screwed on. It appears to have a Kellogg Transmitter Cup, but again the picture isn't at the right angle to see it clearly.

The question is...Is the cover/holder a option or was this a specific model of Kellogg Candlestick?  If have looked through several Kellogg catalogs, but cant find any reference of it.  See attached pictures.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Jeff

Ktownphoneco

Jeff   ....   It's a Kellogg No. 88 Number Card attachment.       It's held in place by 2 of the machine screws that fasten the transmitter face plate to the transmitter cup.     I have a Kellogg catalog which shows the attachment.      I'll dig it out and post it shortly.

Jeff Lamb

HarrySmith

You can make out the attachment points. See attached picture.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Jeff   ....   Found the catalog page fairly quickly.    Here's a "jpeg" version of the page in Kellogg's 1936 Magneto telephone Catalog.    The number plate attachment is on the right about 3/4's of the way down the page.    Just click on the picture a couple of times to enlarge.

Jeff Lamb

jjflory

Thanks Jeff & Harry.  I think I have that Catalog...I just missed it.

Thanks, again.

Jeff