News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Actual bell system AD????

Started by Kenny C, April 23, 2010, 06:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I went to a an antique mall today and I got that add with the little girl talking on the dollie phone.It is a car toon and I do know that it is an actual ad because it has advertisement for hats on the back. Any info on this would be appreciated
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

no sorry my computer wont let me
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

There was a whole series with the cartoon girl.  If the following photo isn't the one you have, please tell us the tag line under the cartoon so we can pick out the right one.

I've been saving ebay auction photos of some of them for reference.  The Bell System obviously spent millions on advertizing.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Kenny C

ok it says

Fun bubbles both ways in a friendly"telephone break."
You're glad you called, and it is so appreciated. Routine                         Bell Telephone System
gets a poke in the ribs, the day gets an un expected                       Working Together to Bring People Together
sparkle. So dust off your morning, pick up the phone,                             
and just for fun- call someone.                                                                        (bell system logo here)

this is exactaly how it is layed out It has a picture of a blonde little girl talking on a ragidy ann telephone with a large finger wheel in the back ground with pictures of people talking on the phone in each finger hole.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

and the tag line is in the middle of the background finger wheel and says

It's fun to phone!
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Thanks!

According to ebay listers the ad ran in 1958.  They usually don't post great photos, hoping you'll buy the ad.  Here's one of the better ones I've found so far.

Kenny C

great now do you have any idea how much it is worth
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Not really -- but you can look at several that are for sale on ebay now with Buy It Now prices.  That will tell you what someone else thinks they're worth.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010