News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

B1 with #2 Dial from Ebay!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, October 13, 2015, 03:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I just won this beauty for the opening bid of $99 on Ebay!

A nice dial B1 has been on my wishlist for a long time, and I finally found one!!!

I think the attention was drawn away by the lack of pictures; there were only 2 that I could determine what I have. The side of the dial isn't shown, but you can see the edges of the outside-mounted finger stop in the 1st and 2nd auction pictures. Hopefully the dial plate is notchless too! I also hope it has a bullet transmitter, but I can't tell from the auction pictures.

Pretty happy guy today!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121780355334
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

wds

Nice one.  I didn't even see that auction.  The last picture is interesting - looking up at the underside of the fingerwheel, it almost looks like an AE fingerwheel, not a WE.  The other pictures clearly show a WE fingerwheel - odd.
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: wds on October 13, 2015, 03:24:11 PM
Nice one.  I didn't even see that auction.  The last picture is interesting - looking up at the underside of the fingerwheel, it almost looks like an AE fingerwheel, not a WE.  The other pictures clearly show a WE fingerwheel - odd.
Hmm, that is interesting. It's probably just the lighting playing tricks on your eyes. The seller really should have used a better camera, in daylight, and without a color filter!!
Christian Petterson

wds

Yes, probably shadows.  Also, don't see the usual patent dates on the side of the dial. 
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: wds on October 13, 2015, 03:43:38 PM
Yes, probably shadows.  Also, don't see the usual patent dates on the side of the dial. 

I think the illusion could be because of the black paint that's still on the back on the fingerwheel. The front is stripped brass, which I'll have to correct... :)

Weren't the patent dates usually only found on the earlier #2s? I thought that a lot of the later versions didn't have those dates on the casing.
Christian Petterson

Doug Rose

Seller got back to me ...after the auction ended....2HB...this was a steal!!!...Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm sorry, Doug, that's just hilarious! That happens to me all the time!! I ask a question about an item, and the seller responds after the auction is done, and finishes the message with; "hope this helps"!  >:(

So, 2HAs were strictly designated for cradle desk stand (B1) use? Do you think it was installed during a refurb?

Although the shipping says "Parcel Select" for this phone, the seller is actually shipping it via Priority Mail, so it should get here several days faster and less likely to be damaged.

Christian Petterson

poplar1

2H-type dials were also used on 101s/201s (C1 handset mountings).

"2H-Type" includes 2HA, 2HB, etc. Most do not have patent dates on the rim.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

unbeldi

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Christian....I am very happy for you, I think you got a deal. I'm glad it went to a good home, I was just going to resell it. Real nice phone!....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 14, 2015, 06:21:45 PM
Christian....I am very happy for you, I think you got a deal. I'm glad it went to a good home, I was just going to resell it. Real nice phone!....Doug
Thanks Doug! Even if you resold it, it would have probably gone to a better home than the woman who sold it to me, she used it for decor at one point. At least she didn't have a lamp inspiration! :o
Christian Petterson

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

wds

did the phone ever arrive?  Can you post some pictures of the items in question?
Dave