News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to get my Automatic Electric Jukebox to ring.

Started by John S, May 06, 2014, 04:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I am here working on my Monophone Jukebox.  I hooked up and standard modular plug to the phone.  I can make and receive phone calls.  The only issue I am having is that it won't ring.  I used jumpers to each terminals but still nothing.  I am just not sure where to hook them.  Here is a picture...

John

stub

John S,
            You have a frequency ringer. I can't tell what freq. it is. You can experiment by changing the value of the ringer capacitor- 1mfd @ 250volts , 0.7 mfd@250 volts ,0.49 mfd @ 250 volts, .2 mfd@ 250 volts, whatever you can find to see if ringer will work at all. Some have nibbled the reed at the base of striker where the 2 screws hold it in place. I have loosened these 2 screws till the ringer sounds good enough and put one drop of super glue on the threads to hold them in place. Adjust gongs in closer to striker ( hammer) . Move the G wire to L 2   Good luck. stub

left click on pic to enlarge
Kenneth Stubblefield

John S

Stub,

Thank you for the tip.  I will try and see what happens.  I will report back with the results.  The phone is in nice shape...really didn't need any tlc. 

John

AE_Collector

The smallest clappers on freq. ringers are usually higher frequencies and visa versa. I looked up the coil numbers (that can be seen in the picture) on my AE code survey excel sheet and found that to be either a 60 ~ or a 66 2/3 ~ ringer.

Terry