Unbeldi's 1958 Mahogany Brown 564H key set $319 delivered
11 (55%)
Unbeldi's brown two-tone model 1543FK Price not revealed
6 (30%)
WDS' Western Electric Pocket Watch battery tester.  $35
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for September 2013 here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John. To check them out -> Click Here <-

Terry

<edit>
Here are the results from the first go at the Find of the Month Poll this month. we will have a run off to determine the winner.

Terry

Southernphoneman's Western Electric Red 554 from 1970 for $9.99 - 0 (0%)

HowardPGH's WECo 2660 Card Dialer / manual / cards $30 from flea market - 6 (14.3%)

WEBellSystemChristian's Kellogg Woodie for FREE! - 2 (4.8%)

RickGTE's 2 AE 80E's in Autumn Gold both for $25 - 2 (4.8%)

WEBellSystemChristian's WECo Stick with Headset and Subset for $25 - 2 (4.8%)

WesternElectricBen's 1964 Avocado ITT/NT Multiline phone $21 total - 1 (2.4%)

dsk's TeleNorm T-N-50-6-exchange-1964 Made in Germany for FREE - 2 (4.8%)

TelePlay's 7/1955 matching date Black 500 for $10.50 - 2 (4.8%)

dsk's 1951-52 bakelite telephone with a circuit only used in Trondheim - 1 (2.4%)

Dave F's 11/1956 NOS Rose Beige 554 on ebay $364.99 - 1 (2.4%)

GeneGenie's TWO 712 Field trial Trimphones for £60 including postage - 2 (4.8%)

Unbeldi's 1958 Mahogany Brown 564H key set $319 delivered - 5 (11.9%)

Unbeldi's brown two-tone model 1543FK Price not revealed - 5 (11.9%)

Sebbel's Northern Electric Calculagraph. $50, local pickup - 3 (7.1%)

WDS' Western Electric Pocket Watch battery tester.  $35 - 8 (19%)

southernphoneman

I would like to nominate my western electric red 554 from 1970 that I got for $9.99.southernphoneman

HowardPgh

I nominate my card Dialer set.  $30 at the flea market.  Has operating manual and 2 boxes of new cards.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10158.0
Howard

WEBellSystemChristian

I would like to nominate my Kellogg Wooden Wall phone that came from my great Aunt's and Uncle's estate in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, which I recently found in our garage for FREE! I never knew we had it, until a few days ago.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

GTE Rick

Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

WEBellSystemChristian

I would also like to nominate my Western Electric Candlestick phone, with headset and subset, that I got for $25.
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

Not my greatest find on earth, but I would like to nominate my 1964 ITT/NT Multiline phone for 21 dollars in all.

In this picture its all restored, didn't need much work but turned out well.

Ben

GTE Rick

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 16, 2013, 11:51:15 PM
You've got my vote! Now find an 80E in Garnet red to match the AE 90 on the wall behind them!

Terry

The AE90 is just a place holder till i find a AE192 in Garnet RED to replace it...

Rick
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

dsk

I would like to nominate my TeleNorm T-N-50-6-exchange-1964 T&N Made in Germany

http://tinyurl.com/oeflgqk

I'm still not sure what we are measuring here, This one is definitely not expensive, but rare
Probably something most of you would have tuned down. I don't actually have use for it, but my goal are to get it into the telemuseum for display in working order.

dsk

TelePlay

Just got this -> 7-55 matching date 500 <- for $10.50 and it could be the find of the month.  ;)

Been looking for one of these and snagged one for a good price. It's a semi-rare find but goes to show they are still out there.

As found and then after the first clean pictures below.

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

dsk

Another find, and for me pretty rare, a bakelite telephone with a circuit only used in Trondheim.
This bakelite design are well known, but it is my first Trondheim model. It may be all original but the handset looks more like the one used in Oslo. The dial are only used between 1942 and 1953. I have to investigate further to get a better dating.
From 1932 to 1953 it was made a total of 143 000 with this design, in different colors (I have only seen black with exception of those at the telemuseum) They had many different circuits including local battery variants.
For those of you who are interested in circuitry, this is pretty close to the W.E. 302 circuit.

dsk

Edit 0922
The Coat of Arms used was probably used by Telegrafverket from approx 1951.
The latest models of the telephone used plastic insulation (1953)
So my guess is 1951-52 with a later change of handset to one made in 1952 (date on fixed receiver)
The dial is fixed with screws with red paint on, and are original.

Dave F

I would like to nominate this 1956 NOS Rose Beige 554 which I just won on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300968075576

Very expensive, to be sure, but a really rare and beautiful phone.

DF

9/27/13 update:  Received today.  Seller followed my detailed shipping instructions exactly.  Phone arrived intact, packed very well.  It's a nice change when things work out without disaster and disappointment.  Definitely NOS, obviously never installed or used.  All dates match to 11/56.  Inside looks like it just came out of the factory.  Some imperfections on the exterior surface from nearly 60 years in storage.  My first Rose Beige set.  This one's a winner -- I'm happy!

AE_Collector

I moved GeneGenie's Trimphone pictures to their own topic located here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10216.0

This post is to re-submit the Trimphone 712 as a "Find of the Month".

GeneGenie wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well as the phone collecting thing. Not sure if my recent find is as 'outstanding' as I'd like to think but it's certainly rare so I thought I share it on here. What I got is a 712 Field trial Trimphone - two of them to be precise (I think there were only 10 000 copies made, no idea how many have made it to present day). Got them on eBay for £60 including postage. They aren't in excellent condition, in fact they're fairly knackered (cracked handset, stiff dial, that sort of thing). Neither of them have a correct plug so can't say whether either of them works. However, if I put some work in then maybe I can get at least one of them up and running.