News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - January 2014

Started by AE_Collector, January 01, 2014, 11:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - January 2014   (ONE VOTE EACH)

Argee's Ivory and Green 302's for $20 each from an Antique Dealer
12 (40%)
LM Ericsson's 1957 WECo Soft Plastic 500 in Light Gray $40 from antique store
4 (13.3%)
Kleinkalibur's WECo pink ten button 1554 for $50 buy it now on Ebay
2 (6.7%)
RickGTE's Digipulse Kangaroo Phone from the Long Beach Flea market for $20
2 (6.7%)
Mr. Bones AECo 1A Monophone housing for free from WesternElectricBen
1 (3.3%)
Poplar1's July, 1937 field trial 302 I found at the Maitland Phone Show for $150
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Mr. Bones

Since there seems to be something of a dearth of quantity, (but certainly no lack in quality!!) of submissions for January, I humbly submit my lowly AE 1A body. It is very cool, needs some love, and is, quite easily, the oldest AE telephone I have.

Given the desirability, and great deals on the previous xxJAN14 submissions, this is somewhat akin to trying to swish a 100-yard 3-pointer, blindfolded, but one simply cannot lose, if they don't play, eh? :)

I acquired it from our own WE Ben for the princely sum of postage to my house. All I need to do is collect the rest of the parts to make it complete! Should be easy, right? ;)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10751.0

Thanks Ben!!

Best regards to all!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 30, 2014, 03:01:18 PM
Thanks Ben!!

Your welcome, I'm glad you can use them, where they would just sit around my shop!

Ben

poplar1

I'd like to nominate the July, 1937 field trial 302 I found at the Maitland, Florida phone show this month for $150. Although the parts appear to be no different from a production set, it is the first I've found with documented serial numbers and Bell Labs form.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11011.msg117853#msg117853
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Time to vote for the January 2014 Find of the Month. A little more subdued than the Find of the Year competition with 13 contestants a couple of weeks ago, this time we have 6 contestants. One of these "Finds" will be the first entrant for the 2014 Find of the Year.

Lets try something that we haven't done for awhile. That is ONE vote per person! I am going to leave the voting up for at least a week on these so that less frequent visitors have a better chance of getting their vote in.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

ARGH, there are three finds that I want to vote for, but I can only vote for one. Hmm...........
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Yeah life can be like that Ben Christian. Another example is government elections. There is no one you want to vote for but being a good member of society dictates that you SHOULD vote for one!

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 07, 2014, 05:30:09 PM
Yeah life can be like that Ben. Another example is government elections. There is no one you want to vote for but being a good member of society dictates that you SHOULD vote for one!

Terry

Is it possible you have mistaken me for Christian?

Ben

AE_Collector

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on February 07, 2014, 05:46:51 PM

Ben

Yep, that is 100% ...confirmed. It is what I get for reading and replying on my Blackberry. Sorry about that.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 07, 2014, 09:34:46 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on February 07, 2014, 05:46:51 PM

Ben

Yep, that is 100% ...confirmed. It is what I get for reading and replying on my Blackberry. Sorry about that.

Terry

That is alright, your not the only one. :)

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

It's weird, a lot of people get me and Ben confused. Must be that we are the youngest guys on CRPF.
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 07, 2014, 09:48:05 PM
It's weird, a lot of people get me and Ben confused. Must be that we are the youngest guys on CRPF.

The forum would really be in trouble if I shared a picture of a black phone.. lol

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on February 07, 2014, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 07, 2014, 09:48:05 PM

The forum would really be in trouble if I shared a picture of a black phone.. lol

Ben

...or if I had a picture of a red phone!!!
Christian Petterson

AE_Collector

Ben: Just make sure your black 500 is looking to the right as is your red 500, the opposite of Christians black 500!

I think it is both of your forum names as well. At a quick glance the names are easily confused with each other.

--------------------

Argee has taken the first Find of the Month for 2014. Congratullations Argee for your find of an Ivory 302 and a Green 302 for only $20 each as well as your win of the FInd of the Month.

Poplar1 was very close with his Field Trial 302 rounded up at the FLorida phone show. A great find as well David.

Thankyou to everyone who submitted their find or the find of someone else to the "Find of the Month". And thanks to everyone who took the time to check out the contestants vote for their favorite.

Next, after a successful "Find of the YEAR - 2013" contest we are going back in time to determine who should rightly be the "Find of the YEAR - 2012" winner. Stay tuned for more fun and games .....

Terry

The 2014 Library is now officially open

WEBellSystemChristian

Then, after "Find of the Year 2010" (or whenever FOTM was started), we should have The Find of All Time Awards, and the winner receives a free phone or some other goodie.
Christian Petterson

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 11, 2014, 06:21:45 PM
Then, after "Find of the Year 2010" (or whenever FOTM was started), we should have The Find of All Time Awards, and the winner receives a free phone or some other goodie.
Maybe for the "FOAT" award, the winner should split up his winning item between all of those who voted for it! :)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001