News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This is sad....564 Key Set "Do it Yourself Kits" on ebaY!

Started by Babybearjs, July 17, 2014, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:'( well, I was paging through Ebay and came across this.... so sad, the person who buys this has to completely reassemble these phones. thank god for the forum, but how many people actually know about this resource when they buy these on ebay... I'm watching this listing.... the seller wants about $60.00 for shipping, which is about right when you figure it costs $11.70 for 1 phone... it makes me mad that someone would waste their time disassembling key desk phones because they are bored... if anyone wants these.... grab them before they wind up in the trash! because that's where they look like they'll go next if they don't sell..... :'( :'(

oh yeh, the listing is in the 1970-to current section of the telephone category...
John

AMCer

I see it as a big puzzle with telephones as rewards.   Win-win in my book.  :)

Babybearjs

providing everything is in working order.... I just restored a 564 and someone had gut the green wire off of the keyset... thank god there was enough of the wire left for me to re-spade the wire and put it to a spare terminal... I had to jump it because it was so short... anyway, good luck to anyone who wants these phones.... everything looks like its there, but if your like me, you always have spare parts on hand... especially screws!  ;D  good luck to the one who wins this item(s)!
John

twocvbloke

Could have been worse, they could have been one of them sorts who throws things in an oven to turn them into "art"...

Babybearjs

and you want to know the outcome of this.... I bought it... and phil McCarter scored!
John

AE_Collector

John: so are you saying that Phil was the seller and you were the buyer?

How many sets in total were there originally and how many have you put back together so far?

Terry

Babybearjs

no, I went on vacation in Oregon last summer and took my purchase with me.... gave them to phil. I didn't have the room and he could part them out if needed...
John