"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got my "robin's egg blue" 500

Started by Rokumoncat, May 13, 2015, 09:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi All,

Well, I just received last Friday my so called "robin's egg blue" phone from e-pay, and it arrived safely. For once, an e-pay phone was packaged like it was meant to survive shipping. The handset was individually wrapped in a thick layer of bubble wrap as was the body of the phone, and newspapers were stuffed all around the phone in the box.

As someone noted, the body had been painted with Polane, but not the handset. However, the body (thankfully) is blue as well, and is not cracked or dented. I guess that I will be sanding for a week to get that (deleted) Polane off of the phone so I can go through the sandpaper grits and then polish it out. When finished, this will be one more "easy" phone for my 500 collection. I found a four prong blue plug, so I will use it on this phone as well. I hope to find a nice display cabinet with glass shelves and glass doors to display my 500s in. Or maybe, I will build a staircase type of shelf unit and get them all working with a PBX someday. One never knows...

Best,

Joe