News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The customer is always right?

Started by Sargeguy, February 10, 2011, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Does that mean the phone works? You refunded her $$. After all this, she just walked away from this? ...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

I didn't refund her $$.  She just walked away.  I didn't even have to threaten her with mail/wire fraud.  Maybe the shop near her house that fixes old WE 554s gave her a good deal.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

People don't realize that the era that these phones were from was an era where all phones were installed and maintained by the phone company and it was for a reason. There were lots of different options on their set up due to different equipment used in the CO by different companies and due to distance from the CO, party lines etc.

That was so long ago now that all the phone novices out there think that whether you buy a phone at WallMart or on ebaY they are all just plug and play. I could see that in many of her comments.

That said we need to protect ourself against these misunderstandings when selling on ebaY. Normally it wouldn't get this out of control but the  difference here was that she was irrational about the whole thing, treating you (Sargeguy) like a con artist.

Looks like you are in the clear now and hopefully she moves on to making someone elses life miserable.

Terry

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 16, 2011, 11:09:09 AM
I didn't refund her $$.  She just walked away.  I didn't even have to threaten her with mail/wire fraud.  Maybe the shop near her house that fixes old WE 554s gave her a good deal.

I am so glad this worked out well for you.    You have more patience than me.

I know this will be a lesson for me when I sell on eBay in the future.  I will place disclaimers in my listings.

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Block her from bidding again...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

I am a behavior analyst, so I have a little experience with people ranting and raving for no reason.  Re-orienting irrational people to the facts while remaining calm and friendly usually works.  Arguing with them usually doesn't.  Thank you everyone for your support.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409