News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Now its mine

Started by mienaichizu, August 29, 2009, 11:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I meet up with the seller of the NEC Type 4 in old rose color today. Actually its maroon. I have not yet bought the other two phones. (the signal corps and GPO). On my way home, I decided to drop by in an antique store along the way and found this ivory color LM Ericsson phone. It is almost identical to my black one but this has a smaller body.

http://mienaichizu.multiply.com/photos/album/144/Telephone_Collections#photo=7

The handset seems too big for the body and cloth cords are badly damaged. It is working but not ringing. It has no bells but instead a chirper.

mienaichizu

here are more photos

HobieSport

Hi Ramil,

Well I've already said this but I love that Maroon NEC! It should look great when cleaned and polished.

I'm wondering if the ivory LM Ericsson with the smaller body and plastic (dial) is a newer model. The handset looks like they didn't change the design to make it smaller to fit the smaller body. Still looks good though. :)

-Matt
-Matt

McHeath

The maroon phone will be something with some shine on it, I think that's going to be a real spectacular color.  Weird handset cord on the ivory phone eh, looks like the outer shell has been stripped off.  The proportioning is off with the larger handset, but it still has a charm about it. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on August 29, 2009, 11:45:22 AM
Hi Ramil,

Well I've already said this but I love that Maroon NEC! It should look great when cleaned and polished.

I'm wondering if the ivory LM Ericsson with the smaller body and plastic (dial) is a newer model. The handset looks like they didn't change the design to make it smaller to fit the smaller body. Still looks good though. :)

-Matt

Its just the handset looks oversived for the body but it has a petite look in it. Its made of bakelite

mienaichizu

the seller has another NEC for sale but at a much higher price

http://tinyurl.com/white-nec