News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 616 and phones that light up when ringing

Started by rtp129495, January 09, 2018, 09:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtp129495

I was wondering if the Panasonic 616 lights up phones that ring on it? Anyone have experience with this?

dsk

Do you talk about phones with a little signal lamp flashing when the phone is ringing? I had one with kind of bulb lighting up. Looks like the old-fashion neon lamps as indikators on ranges, switches etc.

dsk

rtp129495

I did but, this question was seeing if people using a Panasonic 616 would allow them to light. I think they require A/C Current to glow, and some VOIP or terminal adapters send a modified DC current to ring them Vs. True A/C.

TelePlay

I'm guessing these are phone that are used for the deaf or severely hearing impaired so they would see the light when a call came in. If so, the 606 should indeed ring the phone.

The above excludes phones used in hotels/motels and those on any sort of pbx multi-line key systems with line lights and a hold button controlled by a 1A2 or other controller. The 616 to me always was nothing more than multiple CO lines into the 616 with multiple single line phones after the 616.

Was a special hard of hearing lit phone ever made that worked off of ring voltage?

twocvbloke

I can say for absolute certain, Yes, a 616 will power a neon lamp on a phone, as I tried it with my GPO Handset No. 17A (Bought from Bob Freshwater of britishtelephones.com no less!!), I don't know about incandescent lamps though, but neons certainly do, AND, I have video evidence... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUaowMnLUP4

NikeTelephone

I too have a Panasonic 616, and it works great for my Novelty and Lighted Telephones! :)
Phones, Who Knew! :)