News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another nasty experience on EBay (same model of phone)

Started by migette, June 19, 2011, 02:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

My second chance to obtain a Belgian gurder phone has also ended the same way as before ie seller suspected of being contacted by one of the other bidders or an outside party with a much higher offer, my bidding technique is to put in a much higher bid right near the end of the auction and hopefully secure at a reasonable price, this phone I got for £28.

Ebay item  # 120728282440 refers (Ebay UK). (No idea how I do a link to go straight there).

I can honestly say that all my problems with sellers have been with those in the UK as the phones from elsewhere have always arrived without problems ( pity so many dishonest people over here).

What is it about these phones that makes them appear to be so valuable?

Any comments welcome

Peter

Sargeguy

I had a similar experience.  I got a sweet deal on a couple candlesticks and a subset.  I paid immediately but the seller gave me nothing but excuses.  I filed a claim and got a refund.  A couple days later I noticed a very similar box for sale by one of the other bidders.  Hmm.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

migette

EBay must of got back to the seller as it arrived today in good nick, it had been modified to ring and have an induction coil from a 706 cct board without doing any damage to the inside of phone. These did need an external subset and induction coil so must keep looking. I think this just shows what can happen when the seller drags his feet and does not say why there is such a long delay, I am feeling kind and despite this will give him a pos feedback as this was his first transaction and I think he had a shock from EBay,hope he has learnt his lesson

Peter