News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson Dialog look-alike Info required.

Started by migette, September 05, 2011, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

Hi all

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who could throw some light on this phone.

I recently saw this phone at a flea market and assumed that it was the normal LME dialog and having a couple of these already didn't pay much attention. Whilst going round the market I thought well it's worth asking the price as bargains are to be had and adding another example to the collection would make little difference. I was drawn to the fact that normally on the dial is written the manufacturer's name which in this case was absent and to add further confusion the dial numbering looked different although I couldn't put my finger on it right away. On closer inspection it appeared that this phone was not even made by LM Ericsson and the name on it was TELI and it also had the symbol of a star with arrows coming out topped by a crown on both the hand set and base. From what I can tell the plug was that used in Sweden, but the number tag at the front seems to relate to Holland with the 031 dialling code although I believe this is a red herring  as it could infact be an area code.

There are some subtle differences between the two types, the dial is normal working. The handset is basically outwardly identical, but internally the makeup is totally different on both the transmit and receive sides.

See attached pictures of both types. If anyone has any further info re the TELI version it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Peter

LarryInMichigan

Peter,

I believe that your phone is from Sweden.  I read somewhere that Sweden was the only country in which the dial numbering ran 0-9.  I have seen identical phones for sale online advertised as being from Sweden.  I think that TELI was probably part of the state-owned telephone company.  I expect that the phone was either made by Ericsson or under license from them.

Larry

dsk

I have not given the Swedish telephones much of my time, but the plug is Swedish, A special system were the line is coming gin on the 2 lower pins, and the line is run further to the next outlet from the 2 upper pins.
When unplugging, a contact set in the jack just connects the "in line" to the "out line".

My guess is this is a telephone made by the state owned telco's production department, using parts which may be replaced by LME parts, or vica versa. 

I would probably not seen the difference at first look either.

Norwegian Elektrisk Bureau made their telephone with the same design from 1967 to 1982, and those to companies was backup for each other to reduce the need of spare molding tools in case of....

I would say your one is rather rare.

dsk

teka-bb

Teli was a Televerket's (Swedish PTT) subsidiary company, responsible for the design and manufacture of telephones.
They made the Dialog under a license from Ericsson.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

GG

There is also a Mexican Ericsson 6-DLG that is basically identical to the Swedish version, except with normal North American numbering and slightly different tones to the ringer gongs.  I have one in blue with the ground-transfer button adjacent to the dial fingerstop. 

And there is a Norwegian version that uses the standard Norwegian dial mechanism rather than the Ericsson dial. 

Your Telegrafverket version has another variation on the dial compared to regular Ericsson: the gear below the impulse cam (on the same shaft as the impulse cam) is thicker in cross-section than on regular Ericsson dials.

BTW, be careful with the terminal screws on the network board: applying too much torque to them will result in breaking the square terminals out of the circuit board and possibly cracking the circuit board.  In general those Ericsson 6-DLG circuit boards should be regarded as fragile.

migette

Hi All

Many thanks to all of you for your info. on this phone, it never ceases to amaze me just what expertise is out there, once again many thanks.    Peter