News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello world

Started by Rosemary from Montreal, April 15, 2022, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosemary from Montreal

If you can read this, my first post on this forum was a success.

Hello!  I live in Montreal and I still have a rotary line at home.  My kitchen phone is a black Northern Electric wall phone, not the original phone but a flea market find with an extra-long off-white cord and a lot of gold paint that I spent one summer cleaning off very carefully.  It's picked up a lot of dust and the audio is flaky, but it does work.  In the living room is a Panasonic push-button phone with a switch between pulse and tone dialling, plus if I get one of those annoying "press 1 for this and 2 for that" voice menus I can press * to join the touch-tone brigade.

I also used to write for Moneycard Collector Magazine, which came and went in the 1990s. 

And I am one of the last 100 people on earth without a cell phone.  woo hoo!  ☎ 

tallguy58

Hey, you're from the city the Northern Electric plant was in.
I grew up in Cote-St-Luc and my best friend's dad worked there.
Welcome to the knowledge network (when it comes to phones anyway)
Cheers........Bill

RDPipes

Quote from: Rosemary from Montreal on April 15, 2022, 03:05:34 PMIf you can read this, my first post on this forum was a success.

Hello!  I live in Montreal and I still have a rotary line at home.  My kitchen phone is a black Northern Electric wall phone, not the original phone but a flea market find with an extra-long off-white cord and a lot of gold paint that I spent one summer cleaning off very carefully.  It's picked up a lot of dust and the audio is flaky, but it does work.  In the living room is a Panasonic push-button phone with a switch between pulse and tone dialling, plus if I get one of those annoying "press 1 for this and 2 for that" voice menus I can press * to join the touch-tone brigade.

I also used to write for Moneycard Collector Magazine, which came and went in the 1990s. 

And I am one of the last 100 people on earth without a cell phone.  woo hoo!  ☎

Your not alone, I still don't have a cellphone and don't plan on ever getting one.
Welcome Ma'am!

NorthernElectric

Cliff

oldguy

Welcome Rosemary. there are people on here that can help you get your dial phone working correctly.
Gary