News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE202 (with link)

Started by Tonyrotary, May 07, 2009, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Here is a nice WE202 that has been restored. Looks nice! Was painted so that explains the shine. Instead of a subset, he installed a small network. It appears that you could remove the network and use a subset instead. If I didn't buy a few other phones already, I would probably place a bid on it.

OOPS...LOL Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180352683445&Category=38037
( dead link 02-28-22 )

Dan/Panther

Tonyrotary;
You forgot the link.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve

Reminds me of ...

"the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window. "
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AET

Boy, what is it with us and A Christmas Story! LOL!
- Tom

benhutcherson

Quote from: Steve on May 07, 2009, 07:27:24 PM

Reminds me of ...

"the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window. "

I'll bet that telephone is "Frag-i-le" too

Dan

you gotta be looking at turtle wax F21 spray on that baby! Shiney!What a ph, ph ph a football, yeah, a football-what's a football?

sorry the obscure christmas story references are popping out
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Tonyrotary

LOL...you guys crack me up! By the way I love that movie!

Dan/Panther

Just when you think you have it down, someone raises the bar.

Frikabrakabambastickobrak.   Translated  #$@%^&#*@(@$_&_%+

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Well at least I know what movie I'm watching tonight.  I'm downloading "A Christmas Story" right now.

Last night I watched "The Big Heat" for the first time.  Funny that it had slipped by my movie radar all these years, especially since I love film noir.  It's chock full of 202s and 302s and a swell WE payphone.  Plus Fritz Lang's incredible direction and cinematography, Glenn Ford in maybe his best role and a young Lee Marvin playing a great bad guy.  But of course the main reason to watch it (besides to ogle the phones ;)) is of course to swoon for Gloria Grahame.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045555/

AET

You know what movie everybody should watch is "american graffiti" the best movie ever made in my opinion.
- Tom

HobieSport

Well I watched A Christmas Story tonight.  I like the North Electric (?) wall phone.

bingster

Northern Electric Uniphone No. 2.  Not surprising since most of the filming was done in Canada.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Ah, Thanks for the phone identification, Bingster. I couldn't quite place it. Neat phones. :)

Dennis Markham

I saw the desk version yesterday at an antique fair.  It had been badly painted ivory.  I listed to the dial and it sounded like a #5.  I passed on it even though it was only about $35 and I may have been able to get it cheaper.  Had the dial been a #4 I would have grabbed it.  I was not sure it wasn't a reproduction.  It seemed pretty light, like maybe some internal parts may have been missing.

HobieSport

Concerning the different dials used on the NE Uniphones, Paul F. writes:

"Uniphones are usually found with the NE #5 dials, but the catalog also shows wiring for the AE #24 and BPO (British Post Office) dials.  BPO dials were often made by Siemens and have their name on the fingerstop.  These dials were supplied for compatibility with switches used by independents.  The T-6 catalog also shows early Uniphones supplied with the now scarce Northern N14 dial."