"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I can't stop!!!

Started by Tribune, December 31, 2010, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribune

Just browsing on eBay, as you do . . .

. . . and ended up with a Leich 700 http://tinyurl.com/2uzm8n8 ( dead link 12-06-21 )

Probably paid over the odds for it. But hey, its an addiction!

Maybe I should start a black 500 look-a-like collection. Currently there's no structure to what I'm gathering in my basement, lol. But maybe something thematic would be useful.

I'm thinking a black 500 look-a-like collection, a Northern Electric collection, and may be then all the odd things like hazardous area phones etc. If I can find a nice display case (may be http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10011055) my good lady wife will even let me display some in the living room!
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

NorthernMan

Tribune i think you are on the right track. In the past i have bought everything that interested me. Now i realize that i don't have the cash to collect every type and make of phone out there.

My New years resolution is to collect only Northern Electric and Manitoba Government Telphones Equipment and ephemra. Now their will be a few exceptions such as Siemens Bros. and the odd Automatic Electric phone .
So out goes the WECO etc.

BTW  ............. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

AE_Collector

Quote from: NorthernMan on December 31, 2010, 06:17:46 PM
Tribune i think you are on the right track. In the past i have bought everything that interested me. Now i realize that i don't have the cash to collect every type and make of phone out there.

Before ebaY there wasn't much of a problem. You would only see so many different phones in the area where you lived and then once in awhile you go on a vacation somewhere and bring home one "odd" phone from "somewhere foreign". SInce ebaY one eventually realises that a warehouse would be needed as well as tons of $$$ because new "odd" phones just keep coming.

Terry

Jim Stettler

I don't think you over paid on this phone. I wouldn't of paid much more tho.

The convertables are an  interesting phone style  and get overlooked.

One of the phone styles I am chasing for my colection is  the Leich 700 convertables in color.
Currently I have a red and a med. blue.
I also have a mis-shapen clear housing.

Jim S
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

these look like a kellogg banjo and a 500 mixed 
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010