and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Fourth of July!

Started by Dennis Markham, July 04, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 04, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
Terry:
Remind me for next year. The date on the Nixie display is today's date, when I took the picture.

The display must alternate between date and time? Your first picture shows 070410 while the second shows -938xx, presumably 9:38 AM?

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry:

The clock is actually a weather station. But it shows:

day of the week (Sunday=111111, Monday=222222, etc) + AM/PM + Leap Year Indicator + Leap Second Indicator + Daylight Savings Time Indicator 1 and 2 + Locked to WWVB transmitter Indicator.

date (MMDDYY style)
time (12 hour format)
temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit)
barometric pressure (in milli-bars)
humidity (in percent)

You can see more about it here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/NixieClock#

There is a video at the end of the album that shows all the things it displays.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Jorge:

I should have known that you would have the complete "Consumer 'Jorge Amely' Reports" article including video on your Picasa site!

I went through the "Telephones in the movies" discussion today and there in the middle of it was a picture of an AE34 with the SAME nixie weather station in the background! Almost as though the AE34 picture was taken at your house (yes I know it was).

Terry

Dennis Markham

I'll just add to this post from two years ago wishing all of us in the U.S.A. a Happy July 4th Holiday!

AE_Collector

No "All Susan marching band" in Point Roberts Washington but there is the "Point Roberts Precision Lawn Mower Drill Team". Pictures on the 11 PM news.....

Happy 4th everyone!

Terry

Adam

Happy 4th of July!

Pass the hot dogs, please!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

bushman

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th.  I know I don't post very often but I am always here.

Bushman

AE_Collector

Same wish from us Northerners......

I'm south of the 49th celebrating as I type.

Terry

AE_Collector

Starting this up a couple of days early. Like last year, we are at our vacation place in Point Roberts Washington. There is a huge presence of Canadians here as Pt Roberts is detached from continental USA but attached to the Greater Vancouver area. It is a 23 mile drive through Canada from Blaine Washington to Pt Roberts Washington.

So this year the marina here is doing a fireworks display both today July 1 Canada day and it will continue on July 4. Nice touch! We just got back from watching the first instalment.

Happy Canada Day to all of the Canadians on CRPF and Coming Soon - Happy July 4 to all American Citizens!

Terry

twocvbloke

Someone should remind china about the independence of the US from us lot in blighty... :D

Greg G.

Quote from: twocvbloke on July 02, 2013, 03:27:15 AM
Someone should remind china about the independence of the US from us lot in blighty... :D

I had to google "blighty" to understand the last part of the sentence.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

We may all speak English on both sides of the pond, but they are two completely different languages... :D

southernphoneman

DavePEI

Happy Independence Day to all of you in the US!

We are going to have our own fireworks tonight - a band of thunderstorms are moving in ahead of T.S. Arthur today which I hope will make the humidity drop. Then tons of rain and wind tomorrow!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dennis Markham

Thank you, Dave.  Hope you weather the storm well.  Here in Michigan the front moved through yesterday.  Temps very cool today.  Still in the 60's and it's nearly noon in the Eastern time zone.

Happy Fourth of July to all of us here in the U.S. of A.!