News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seriously? An AM/FM Radio with a Telephone for the Bathroom?

Started by Greg G., October 16, 2016, 11:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I'd say the phone, it's only a matter of time before someone dropped it down the throne... ;D

Pourme

I like the way you think.....

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 18, 2016, 07:57:03 PM
I'd say the phone, it's only a matter of time before someone dropped it down the throne... ;D
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

I have actually seen one of these installed in a house I did work in. Outside of the throne-phone, everything else was pink, even the paper! looking back I should have taken a picture and or taken a test drive  :D
TWinbrook7

markosjal

I once bought a house with all brown bathroom fixtures

Every time I used the deep big bathtub or did my business there the phone would ring.

I put a touch tone brown Contempora on the wall.

it was a perfect match for the brown bathroom fixtures

I got this o  ebay and will have it in my hands soon , maybe to install in my current bathrroom as it seems every time I bathe again the phone rings. So it is going here....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262653646491?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it place is all ready here

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Jim Stettler

Quote from: markosjal on December 08, 2016, 08:06:48 PM
I once bought a house with all brown bathroom fixtures

Every time I used the deep big bathtub or did my business there the phone would ring.

I put a touch tone brown Contempora on the wall.

it was a perfect match for the brown bathroom fixtures

I got this o  ebay and will have it in my hands soon , maybe to install in my current bathrroom as it seems every time I bathe again the phone rings. So it is going here....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262653646491?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it place is all ready here

Nice phone for good price with reasonable justification. You should put it up for find of the month.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

I remember when those things were the thing for them who had everything.  They have made a steady march through the thrift stores ever since.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

twocvbloke

markosjal

Quote from: Jim S. on December 08, 2016, 08:13:14 PM
Nice phone for good price with reasonable justification. You should put it up for find of the month.
JMO,
Jim S.

As it turns out the ITT Trendline is from 1995 from what I can tell, not really that old . I opened it and it is nothing like an older trimline inside. It looks like ITT reverted back to something more like the traditional looking design. As I recall in the late 80s I think these things all had redial buttons on them . The handset weighs about half of a 1980s rotary trimline.

What I did get a great deal on was not vintage but a great test tool.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-563897401-telefono-probador-de-linea-telefonicoa-para-todo-tipo-_JM
350 Mexican Pesos is about $17.50 USD

poplar1

Quote from: markosjal on December 18, 2016, 04:46:11 AM
As it turns out the ITT Trendline is from 1995 from what I can tell, not really that old . I opened it and it is nothing like an older trimline inside. It looks like ITT reverted back to something more like the traditional looking design. As I recall in the late 80s I think these things all had redial buttons on them . The handset weighs about half of a 1980s rotary trimline.

The original WE Trimline/ITT Trendline/S-C Slenderet/Northern Contempra had a recall button, not a redial.

Recall momentarily opens tip and ring, either to flash the C.O. (call waiting, 3-way calling) or for positive disconnect (to make another call without having to use the switchhook).

Redial usually refers to "last number dialed."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

markosjal

yes I am aware of that button they ALL had that ,but I mean like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimline_telephone
ITT I thought followed the AT&T design changes.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

kb3pxr

From experience, I can tell you that phones in a bathroom environment are problematic due to humidity. If you really wish to have a phone in the can, a 554 wall phone is about the most advanced I'd install. If it is a half bath (no tub/shower) you can use something like what is pictured.

Of course a telephone set used in a bathroom will likely be used infrequently and only for short periods, mainly to tell people that you will return their call in a few moments or as a PBX extension for in-home calls.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: kb3pxr on January 15, 2018, 03:25:10 PM
Of course a telephone set used in a bathroom will likely be used infrequently and only for short periods, mainly to tell people that you will return their call in a few moments or as a PBX extension for in-home calls.

Depends on the reading material on hand and the comfort of the throne seat of course.
TWinbrook7

oldguy

Back in the early 70s, I had a black 554 in the bathroom. Long before cell phones or portable phones. I had 2 roommates & It never failed, if I was in the bathroom & nobody else was home the phone would ring. So I hung the 554, wired it up & resolved the problem.
Gary