News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Picked up this 1950s GE Electric Stove Free today. tested it before removal

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, June 11, 2022, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

I had been looking for a new stove for my kitchen since i was remodeling.  and the modern ones kind well look like crap.  This popped up locally for free.  My dad and I went and got it.  People were remodelign their cabin and this was isntalled and working.  SHes a beaut.  Even had all the deep well and deep fryer attachemnts for it never used.

RDPipes

Those are nice I had one years ago that was in the house I moved into, worked well but, the electric bill about killed me. The new ones suck it up and the older ones are worse. You might reconsider and get a 50's gas range if the electric gets out of hand. Now there great, I had a Wedgwood that I loved but, had to sell it a few years ago because I couldn't take it with me. I still miss it, I live in a house that's ALL electric. I think I'm being punished.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on June 11, 2022, 09:31:49 PMThose are nice I had one years ago that was in the house I moved into, worked well but, the electric bill about killed me. The new ones suck it up and the older ones are worse...

That's why I refuse to go all-electric, no matter what the radical environmentalists want.  We have an O'Keefe & Merritt gas stove!

Mike

SUnset2

We have a similar electric stove with the pushbutton controls.  A little newer (1959 model), and we didn't get quite the bargain.  They don't make the plug-in oven element any more, but you can adapt the hard-wired ones to fit if you have an element fail.

MMikeJBenN27

Most modern stoves are only 30 inches, which is too narrow.  You have no place to put the lid when you take it off the pot to stir what is cooking, when you are using all 4 burners.