News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 634 Subset from Trash to Better

Started by RDPipes, December 23, 2022, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Bought this subset some time back for the guts because I had bought a real nice WE subset case that all it needed was a good polishing....and a condenser and induction coil, so then I was left with a ghastly looking WE subset case with a ringer.  Just recently I found an old WE hotel phone in a trashed state but, the guts were good for $9.99 so I took from Peter to pay Paul, stripped the old subset case, painted it and stuffed in the induction coil, mounting plate and condenser and got another 634 subset out of it. And that's a good thing because somewhere along the line I paid too much (to Me) for one of the subsets.
Before & After

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

FABphones

Looks as beautifully done on the inside as it does on the outside.

8)  Sunglasses on for those gongs.

Nice work.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on December 23, 2022, 05:21:50 PMLooks as beautifully done on the inside as it does on the outside.

8)  Sunglasses on for those gongs.

Nice work.
Thank you CJ your very kind but, the gongs could have been done a lot better, I just didn't feel like sanding all the scratches out of them.

RDPipes

Witty

What an impressive job bringing this unit back to like new condition. Every detail is covered to make it look like it's right off the production line.
Awesome!
Ken

RDPipes

Quote from: Witty on December 23, 2022, 10:04:13 PMWhat an impressive job bringing this unit back to like new condition. Every detail is covered to make it look like it's right off the production line.
Awesome!
You too are very kind Ken, thank you.

Contempra