and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - December 2013

Started by AE_Collector, October 30, 2013, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - December 2013 - Vote for TWO

southernphoneman's Two Tone Red & Black WECo 500 on ebay for $29.00
2 (6.3%)
John S' nice red soft plastic WECo 554 from 1956 for $35!!!
9 (28.1%)
Matilo Telephones' SA 28 by Brock & Goldschmidt for $54.82 (€40) incl Shipping
2 (6.3%)
WesternElectricBen's 1966 yellow WECo 713 2 line Princess Phone for $29.99
2 (6.3%)
cchaven's Mahogany Brown Western Electric 591 for $12 at an Antique Mall
20 (62.5%)
LarryInMichigan's Green Australian Telecom 8021 for $23 plus $24 Shipping to NA
2 (6.3%)
WEBellSystemChristian's Med Blue WE 500 BIN on eBay for $199.00 plus $10 Shipping.
4 (12.5%)
Jack Ryan's 50-AL or a 51AL with what looks like a #2 dial for $41 US & $22 Shipping
6 (18.8%)
Persido's Yellow 10 Button 1500 from an Antique Store for $5
8 (25%)
Kenton K's Rose Beige 1965/1968 10 Button 1500 for $1
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" for December 2013 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you acquired within the last month or so that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entries to one Phone item OR One "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John. To check them out -> Click Here <-

Terry

TelePlay

Voting for November's entries is now underway and that means December is now officially open for those special finds acquired in this month, or thereabouts . . .

southernphoneman

I would like to nominate my red and black western electric 500 that I won today on ebay for $29.00 and change, Gregg

baldopeacock

Quote from: southernphoneman on December 01, 2013, 01:51:03 PM
I would like to nominate my red and black western electric 500 that I won today on ebay for $29.00 and change, Gregg

I saw that phone.   Look for dates ink-stamped in yellow on the front edge of the case.   That one could be an original soft-plastic two tone.   The handset cord is iffy but you never know.

southernphoneman

Quote from: baldopeacock on December 01, 2013, 03:49:10 PM

I saw that phone.   Look for dates ink-stamped in yellow on the front edge of the case.   That one could be an original soft-plastic two tone.   The handset cord is iffy but you never know.
hmmmm,original, that would be nice and I agree about the handset cord, when I get the phone I will modify my post and check the dates, the handset cord would probably have been used on a wall phone , Gregg

Sargeguy

Those feet look like Neoprene from here.  Are there better pics of the feet?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WEBellSystemChristian

Lucky guy.

I reviewed the two tone 500 topic day before yesterday, got inspired, and started looking on eBay for one. How did I not see this one?!?! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

david@london

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 02, 2013, 11:19:59 AM
Those feet look like Neoprene from here.

yes definitely.
i believe these started in '58 and, according to the 'history of the 500' page, the 2-tones were not discontinued till '59.
but i'm wondering, when were 2-tones first produced ?

WEBellSystemChristian

Quotei'm wondering, when were 2-tones first produced ?

It had to have been at least 1954, because the first 4 colors for two tones were yellow, oxford grey, med. blue, and red, and med. Blue was introduced in 1954.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

baldopeacock

Quote from: david@london on December 02, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
i believe these started in '58 and, according to the 'history of the 500' page, the 2-tones were not discontinued till '59.
but i'm wondering, when were 2-tones first produced ?

Paul's site answers those questions.

http://paul-f.com/color.htm

southernphoneman

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 02, 2013, 11:19:59 AM
Those feet look like Neoprene from here.  Are there better pics of the feet?
I should get the phone later in the week and I will post better photos of then this is the only photo for now, Gregg

southernphoneman

I hate to say it but the plastic on this is from the 1970's, and is not original and the rest of the phone is from 1959, Gregg

Sargeguy

I nominate a nice red 554 from 1956 John S. found for $35!!!

1956 Red soft plastic 554

Now that is a soft plastic bargain!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate Matilo Telephones newly found SA 28 made by Brock & Goldschmidt.  Snagging this late '20s early 30's phone for $54.82 (€40), including shipping seems to be quite a good find of a rare version of this phone.

The phone is posted on the forum at

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10688.msg113954;topicseen#new

Matilo Telephones

Thanks Teleplay! I was wondering myself if I should enter it. Probably won´t find a better phone this month. We´ll see.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones