Mr. Bones WECo 440 Key Phone dated 11-51 for $31.76
4 (13.8%)
WDS' Rare Wire & Telephone Co. of America Wallphone for $51
11 (37.9%)
Jim H's Statuary Bronze 302 for $25 Buy it Now on ebaY
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" for February 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you acquired within the last month or so that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entries to one Phone item OR One "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Okay, I actually bought this last month, but I missed January's Find of the Month, so I hope this is okay?

What I got is: a 11/58 WE 500 Soft Plastic red, dates fully matching , with the optional curly line cord for only 27.00 inc. shipping.

I bought this with another phone, but I divided it down the middle (shipping and price) as I am not nominating the other.

I completely restored it, keeping all the original parts, but bringing it back to its original beauty.

Please View the Previous Discussion: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10997.30 and YouTube Presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIAHyrPvy2o

Thanks,
Ben

Mr. Bones

Finally got a key-set 300-series phone, a 440 type, as part of a multi-phone auction, so $31.76 for this one, same for a NE 302 type. I've been wanting a multi-line version of this model for quite some time.

Baseplate is stamped 440 EC3, 11-51 in vermillion ink; doesn't seem to quite jibe with the info on Paul F.'s site, as this has clear buttons vs opaque. Don't know if it has lamps or not. Seems to have two lines, and hold; button #4 seems inoperative.

Perhaps it has been refurbed, haven't been 'under the hood' yet, to see what dates the internal components have on them.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

Nice to see what is apparently the original and complete line cord and connecting block.  You don't see that very often!
-Bill G

Mr. Bones

Thanks, Bill!

The cords are absolutely minty-fresh, the nicest cloth cords I have ever stumbled across. They are a much darker, richer brown than the photos would indicate.

This phone had to have lived in a very climate-controlled, UV-free environment. It also has, hands-down, the shiniest F1 in my possession, with a body to match. The auction pictures don't do it justice, whatsoever.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Contempra

Sargeguy

I did not get a chance to bid on that one!  I was in bed with the flu. Glad you got it!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Contempra

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 18, 2014, 09:48:44 PM
I did not get a chance to bid on that one!  I was in bed with the flu. Glad you got it!

Never get butt naked outside and you'll have no flu ;D ;D :D

wds

I will nominate this Wire & Telephone Co. of American find.  Apparently the company only manufactured phones for about 1 year, and there aren't any other examples of this phone around. 

http://tinyurl.com/Wire-telephone
Dave

Mr. Bones

That is a wonderful find, Dave! What a choice addition to your collection!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Nick in Manitou

Dave,

I just read the other thread you refer to about this phone.  What a find! 

Nick

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Oops, forgot to post the price.  $53 including shipping.
Dave

Sargeguy

Quote$53 including shipping.

As much as I love seeing soft plastic 500 sets win every month, I may have to vote for yours!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

This month started off slow but is heating up towards the end.  I will nominate:

Jim H's Statuary Bronze 302

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11301.0

Sure, it looks like it came out of a toxic/nuclear waste dump, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  It is a rare color and in original condition except maybe for the dial, which is still correct and has the matching number dial card mask.  The handset and dial are each worth twice the $25 BIN price. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409