News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - September 2014

Started by TelePlay, September 01, 2014, 11:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - September 2014   (ONE VOTE EACH)

sebbel's Gray Payphone that he bought for $20 from a store/vendor
6 (20.7%)
WEBellSystemChristian's collection of NE, AE and WE phones and phone items he got from his uncle as a gift
3 (10.3%)
waynet7's Western Electric #1 dial mounted on a B1 bought at a flea market for $125
13 (44.8%)
jsowers' manual oxford grey WE 500 for $129.50 plus shipping on eBay
3 (10.3%)
Kenton K's WE 500 deskset dated 10-1950 for $30 total on eBay
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

TelePlay

Post your "Find of the Month" for September 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you personally acquired within the last month, or so, that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it, etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one Phone, one phone Item or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

. . . for Terry

TelePlay

I would like to nominate sebbel's Gray Payphone that he picked up for $20 from a store/vendor seller in August.

Since this phone was acquired by sebbel toward the end of last month but Sargeguy had nominated sebbel's Bell Canada wall phone with a Blake transmitter for an August Find of the Month candidate, sebbel's Gray Payphone qualifies as a nomination for September's contest and as such, is hereby nominated.

WEBellSystemChristian

I'd like to nominate the lot of NE Spacesavers, AE Spacemakers, subsets, a 500, and other cool phone stuff that I got from my Uncle for free!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12670.msg133085#msg133085

---------------------

EDIT:  rotated image, added link
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on September 20, 2014, 10:28:46 PM
I'd like to nominate the lot of NE Spacesavers, AE Spacemakers, subsets, a 500, and other cool phone stuff that I got from my Uncle for free!

Cant beat free!!!

TelePlay

And only at $125, this is truly a rare find. I'd like to nominate waynet7's Western Electric #1 dial mounted on a B1 found at "3rd Sunday Market!" Not sure if that was the name of the market or the 3rd one visited today, but, regardless, it is a true find worthy of a nomination.

This phone was posted on the forum at this link:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12689.0

I had to look twice at the first picture of the topic post before I figured it out. A very nice acquired phone, indeed!

TelePlay

For anyone interested in the FotM numbers since its inception in October of 2010 through August of 2014, I crunched the numbers and added the results to the bottom of the Find of the Month Definition post written by Terry in September of 2011. I left his summary there for posterity, a good comparison to what happened in the first year versus the entire span.

Scroll down at this link to find them:  Find of the Month Stats

If anyone sees any errors, omissions or etc., let my know by way of a PM and I will correct the issue.

TelePlay

Last call (almost) reminder for September Find of the Month nominations.

As Terry said a few days ago in an above post: "A pretty quiet Find of the Month for September so far. Everyone try to nominate someone elses recent good finds to bump the numbers up here a bit. I am in the middle of the Pacific between Vancouver and Hawaii so I can assure you there are no telephone finds out here for me!"

If anyone has seen a great find posted on the forum by another member or thinks they have personally acquired a great find this month that has gone unnoticed by other members, there are only 4 days left to get it into this month's contest.

david@london

as jsowers' manual oxford grey did not appear in august's f.o.t.m., i will put forward a late nomination ...........

forum link

Oxford Gray 500CR-52 12-55
Sold for $129.50 on 8-10-14---6 bids

Fabius

I'd like to nominate Kenton K's 10/50 WE 500 deskset that he got on eBay for $30 total. A very nice acquisition on his part. The find was posted on the forum in its own topic within the past week.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12717.0
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Once again it's time to vote for your favorite "Find" from September 2014. With 5 phones nominated this month, one (1) vote from each member voting will be allowed in this month's contest.

This month has a small but varied collection of candidates to choose from so give each a serious review, a bit of thought and vote for the one that you think is the best "find" of the month. It could be the one that you would have liked to have found yourself!

Good luck to all of this months contestants!

. . . for Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, it looks as though this months winner is a pretty decisive one so we may as well end it now with 29 voters.

Waynet7's B1 with a #1 dial is clearly this months "Find of the Month"! Congratulations Waynet7 for your "Most Excellent Find".

And thanks to everyone who entered their finds, nominated the finds of others and to everyone who voted this month.

Terry

Kenton K