News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

56 Dodge Telephone Service Truck CL N.C.

Started by 19and41, December 03, 2015, 07:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

From the Craigslist Listing:

1955 Dodge pickup telephone truck - $4500 (Belmont, NC)

1955 (first series) Dodge telephone company cable maintenance pickup truck. Came from New York Telephone Company. Very complete (down to the hub caps) and original in good restorable condition. Extremely rare and very unique. Six cylinder engine and manual column shift. The bed was designed to Bell System specifications.

19and41

Thanks!  I can't yet do such picture transfers. 
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dennis Markham

I just right-clicked on the image, saved it and then posted it here.  They were already small in size and uploaded with no problem.

~Dennis

19and41

That's funny.  When I try that, it will allow me to cut or save but when I get to the destination (here) the "paste" in the dropdown is dead.  With any computer I use, XP, 7, 8, or10.  I'll keep trying, though.
— Arthur C. Clarke

jsowers

Quote from: 19and41 on December 03, 2015, 09:23:56 PM
That's funny.  When I try that, it will allow me to cut or save but when I get to the destination (here) the "paste" in the dropdown is dead.  With any computer I use, XP, 7, 8, or10.  I'll keep trying, though.

Paste won't work. It needs to be a jpg. Click Attachments and other options and load each jpg there, up to six.

This truck isn't that far from me, but I already have two geriatric station wagons to take care of.  :)   I think the Museum needs to look into it.
Jonathan