News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - November 2016

Started by AE_Collector, November 01, 2016, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2016   ***VOTE FOR TWO***

Partyline4's WE Candlestick phone, Ringer box, and battery box from a local store for $55
3 (9.7%)
novarlynx' WECo 1E1 single slot post-pay rotary payphone for free from a friend
8 (25.8%)
Russ Kirk's reproduction glass Red Cross mouthpiece made by John Infurna for $110
4 (12.9%)
Jrs1958's WE Candlestick with a 2AB dial and Bulldog transmitter for $100 on Craig's List
5 (16.1%)
Pourme's Kellogg K1000 HB4 metal Red Bar purchased on EBAY for $9.99 + $14.95 shipping
7 (22.6%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 1955 Red WECo 500 bought on eBay for $20.50 plus $9.74 shipping
11 (35.5%)
Fabius' sterling silver Tri-State Telephone & Telegraph Company spoon eBay $28.99 & $3.12 ship
4 (12.9%)
Kenton K's Mahogany Brown 500. Great conditions, just no cords. Northern Cal show for $160
4 (12.9%)
Autonut's 1983 NT Commodore Phone on eBay $25.00 CDN + shipping + tax = $32.07 USD
2 (6.5%)
Compubit's Rose Beige WECo 500 for $41.00 plus $13.45 shipping
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

Partyline4

I'd like to nominate my WE Candlestick phone, Ringer box, and battery box.

Got them at an exclusive shop opening for $55 here in town. Thought it was a great buy.

Got the candlestick up and running hooked to a 302 as the network. I'm not well versed in candlesticks, but have been waiting for an excuse to dive in. This one has a 323 transmitter and that's about all I know about it  ::)

Haven't messed with the Ringer box much yet.

novarlynx

I'd like to submit my WECo 1E1 single slot post-pay rotary payphone that I got from a friend who knows that I collect phones.

It was burglarized unfortunately, but my understanding is that this is a very rare payphone to find. Fortunately the damage was not horrible.

Opened it, cleaned it, and got it working. Not done fully restoring it yet though.

Topic about it here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17090.0

The digital PSTN is so boring now. I wish I could have experienced what it was like to use the Bell System with all its analog wonders.

Well, at least we have museums. Right?

Russ Kirk

I will add my Northern California phone show find for consideration.

John Infurna manufactures excellent authentic replica items such as this glass Red Cross mouthpiece.  I understand the originals of these mouthpieces and extremely hard to find.  John had made a limited amount of these many years ago to his exacting specification by Fenton Glass Co. and I understand they are almost indistinguishable from the originals. 

To benefit Telephone Collectors International (TCI), John donated this mouthpiece as a fundraiser. At the phone show earlier this month I was wining bidder in the live auction.  My winning bid of $115 added this treasured item to my collection.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Russ....I paid more for mine about ten years ago. Outstanding find at a real good price. John is a master. Mine sits proudly on my WE #10...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

ISTR that John's mouthpieces were made with an original Fenton mold and he had Fenton make them. (Fenton Glass is no longer in business).
The adapter he produced himself (copied from an original).

On the John Infurna" L&LD" Lampshades, he created the mold, and had Fenton make the glass shades.  (I bought one)

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jrs1958

Found this on Craigslist.  $100.00 My first Candlestick  - WE with 2AB dial and Bulldog transmitter.  Looks all original!

AE_Collector

Nice! Looks like a great find.

Welcome to the Rotary Phone Forum!

Terry

Pourme

I'd like to nominate my Kellogg K1000 HB4 metal Red Bar I purchased on EBAY for $9.99 + $14.95 shipping. http://tinyurl.com/hsokzpn I was sleepily going from the couch to the bed and decided to check EBAY one more time. It wasn't there an hour earlier, I bought it before I got to the bed!

I posted about it earlier on this forum. http://tinyurl.com/jzb2qrx

This is my 1st Red Bar and other than the dial needing cleaning, it works perfectly and RINGS beautifully!

The paint on the metal case shows signs of wear, but I will not paint it. The cords are not frayed and appear to be original.

Thanks for looking!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my dates matching (minus the base plate, ringer, and network) 1955 Red 500, that bought on eBay for $20.50 plus shipping!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17163
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

I nominate my sterling silver Tri-State Telephone and Telegraph Company spoon. Shows lady using candlestick phone with the Independent Shield.
Tri-State operated in Minnesota and merged with Northwestern Telephone Co, along with other companies, to form Northwestern Bell Telephone.
Pre 1920. Paid $28.99 plus $3.12 shipping. Found on eBay.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Kenton K

I'd like to show off my new mahogany brown 500. Great conditions, just no cords.  :(
I purchased at the N. Cal show earlier this month. I paid a hefty $160, but hey, no shipping.  :)

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on November 26, 2016, 04:25:48 PM
I'd like to show off my new mahogany brown 500. Great conditions, just no cords.  :(
I purchased at the N. Cal show earlier this month. I paid a hefty $160, but hey, no shipping.  :)
Well, I see I've been upstaged... ;)

Great find, Ken! I'm still looking for a Mahogany Brown, and you got yours for a very fair price!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I'll throw my 1983 date matching Northern Telecom Commodore Phone. I bought off of eBay and paid $25.00 CDN and $13.40 for shipping,  $4.99 for good old Canadian Taxes for a total of $43.39 CDN. or 32.07 USD.
These phones where used with the Commodore Vic 20 Computer  modems.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17125.msg177081#new

compubit

Since I have received the phone. I will throw my $41.00 (+$13.45 shipping) Rose Beige into the fray.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252633315402

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!