News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring 302 base as subset for candlestick

Started by Jack Aman, February 07, 2023, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Aman

Greetings!  I bought a candlestick just because I don't have one and thought it would look nice on the piano.  Sadly, it arrived hotwired.  It does work, sort of.  I attempted to connect to to a 302 base without success. I started with a diagram from the library, then many variations.  No success.  I have a four-conductor subset cord with red, green, yellow, black. Here is a photo of the candlestick base as it arrived and the base that I bought. Thanks in advance for any advice!

MMikeJBenN27

This sight, and TCI Library Home, both have wiring diagrams for desk stands connected 634/684 subsets, which are electrically the same as a 302 base.  However, they show it with a 2 series dial assembly, which has only 4 terminals.  Don't know how to do it with the newer 4, 5, and 6 series dials.  You might find it either at this sight or in TCI Library Home.  Also, you need to state which model desk Stand you have - 50AL, 151AL, etc.  Somebody with more knowledge about Desk Stands, (Candle Sticks), will probably soon be telling you how to do it.

Mike

poplar1

To make a 5H, 4H, 2H, or 6A dial equivalent to the 2A which was originally used on dial candlesticks, connect BB and R dial terminals together with a short piece of wire ("strap").

What is the model of your phone? 50AL, 51AL, 151AL, or something else? Look on the "perch" that holds the transmitter for the model number.

Also, how many contacts are on the hookswitch -- 3? 4?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jack Aman

I think 51AL.  The perch has been painted or powder coated and the stamp is indistinct.  Will try to view the hookswitch tomorrow.  Thank you!

Jack Aman

I'm reviving a thread that's nearly a year old.  I got a little busy between last February and now.  Here are photos of the base and dial contacts as they were.  It was so wrong I just removed everything as seen in the second photo of the base.  Here are the switchhook contacts.  They were wired just as pictured:  Nothing connected to the upper contacts.  Thanks for any help!