News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Beige 1554

Started by LarryInMichigan, January 13, 2019, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

The local flea market had been declining the past few months, so I have been cutting back on my visits, but I decided to go this morning.  One of the first things I spotted was a beige WE 1554.  It was marked $20, so I bought it.  I tested the keypad, and it did work.  I expect that I will want to resell this phone sometime soon.  Do you think that I can recover my cost?  I noticed that the handset is painted.  I probably have a spare beige handset somewhere.  Do you think that I should change the handset for a non-painted one before offering the phone for sale.  What do beige 1554s get these days?

Thank You

Larry

HarrySmith

Nice phone, good price. Too bad it's not Ivory. Our own Vern has been searching for an Ivory one for many years!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

10 button sets are always fun. I would swap the handset for an unpainted one.  I don't know current value , but I feel around $75.00 would sell. You should ad it to the find of the month. The more contenders, the more votes. $20.00 was a great deal.
JMO,
Jim S.
As a side note The Find of the Year 2018 poll is now posted:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=19551.0;last_msg=221349
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

skyrider

I agree with Jim, $20 was a great buy. The dial should be worth $30-$45. They don't sell for what they did a few years ago, but $75 would not be unreasonable and could go for more.

Bill

LarryInMichigan

I gave the phone a cleaning and polishing and a nicer handset and listed it on ebay: ebay link.

Larry

Scott

It shows very well. All the best on your listing.

Scott K.

oldguy

Nice cleaning up polishing & a great price, congrats Larry.
Gary