Kellogg 'Redbar'
North Electric 'Galion'

And among the newer ones:

North Electric 540
Leich 105 'Converta'

And possibly:

Plastic body WE 302
WE 5302

Whether I'll ever get all of these, I don't know, but I'm hopeful of at least finding some of them.  I couldn't afford to buy them all at once, even if I could find them.

Does anybody here have examples of any of these for sale?

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

Your shopping list is just like mine!
Jorge

McHeath

Yeah that's a good list, and I'd like a lot of those as well.  Here in my part of America they are not common, so I rarely run into them in the junk stores or antique stores.  (is there a difference? ;))

We are certainly enjoying our sole Brit phone, the ivory 706.  It's been a daily driver since I got it a few months back. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 03, 2009, 08:51:24 PM
Stephen:

Your shopping list is just like mine!

same as mine, and add up the AE34 and AE50

Dan

Ditto for me, except I got a 5302. I really want a "redbar" since the network is so unique and it would give me a challenge of figurng out how to get it to ring and work.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

I have a redbar phone that arrived and didn't want to ring initially. This is a very cleverly designed modular phone. Eventually traced the problem to dirty contacts in the hook switch. You will be impressed by the method used to connect the electrical nodes inside the phone. And .... it came with a schematic neatly tucked inside the phone. A keeper indeed.

Jorge

Stephen Furley

I've never seen the inside of a Redbar; what's so different about it?  Does anyone have a picture.

McHeath

foots

I've got a 202, Galion, and 1243 but unfortunately, I need to find a good network for the 1243, mine has a large crack in it. One day, I'll have a metal body 302 and Redbar.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Stephen Furley

About three months ago I wrote:

Quote from: Stephen Furley on June 03, 2009, 05:04:12 PM
I'm hoping to one day add the following to the collection:

WE 202
AE40
SC 1243
SC 'Fatboy'
Kellogg 'Redbar'
North Electric 'Galion'

And among the newer ones:

North Electric 540
Leich 105 'Converta'

And possibly:

Plastic body WE 302
WE 5302

Well, quite a lot has happened since then.  No less than four of the wanted models have been added to the collection by a combination of Ebay 'wins', a colleague from work going to Chicago, and buying me one at a very good price, and a gift from somebody.  The four which have been added are:

AE 40 (Bought in England, and needed a bit of de-modernising).

Kellogg 1000 (Broken in transit, but restoration well underway).

SC 1212 'Fatboy'.

North 7H6 'Galion'.

I've decided that where American 'phones are concerned I'm going to collect standard desk sets, from as many of the main makers as possible.  The main ones missing at the moment seem to be 'Leich, Northern Electric and Connecticut.  Therefore, added to the 'wanted' list are:

Leich 90.

Northern Electric No. 1.

Connecticut TP-6-A 'Toaster'

Also, a SC 1243 as it is quite different to the 'Fatboy' which I have, or rather will have very soon.

The situation with the newer thermoplastic models remains the same:

North Electric 540.

Leich 105 'Converta'.

It would still be nice to have:

Plastic body WE 302.

WE 5302.

Although I have a 302, It's unusual to have the same model made in two quite different materials, so it would be interesting to have an example of each.

Finally there are the older models, WE 202 and Kellogg 'Ashtray' for example.  I don't think I'll ever have those, they're just too expensive.

I have a WE 500; I'm not really interested in collecting 500 type telephones from other makers, there's not really much difference between them.

In the same way, there are other models which I've left out because they're too similar to others:

AE 34 (AE 40).

SC 1443 (SC 1543).

This was also the reason that I didn't try to get a GPO 162; the 232 is basically the same thing with an ASTIC added to it.

That still leaves a lot to get, and I doubt that I'll ever have all of them, but I certainly never expected to add four in just three months!

McHeath

QuoteThat still leaves a lot to get, and I doubt that I'll ever have all of them, but I certainly never expected to add four in just three months!

They have a mysterious way of multiplying eh?