News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'll share you my secret

Started by mienaichizu, August 21, 2009, 03:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

because its almost done, a pink AE 80 I got months ago. It is badly yellowed and very stiff handset cord. I use the sanding method and applied carnauba and scratch remover wax to return it to its original shine. Now all I need is a pink handset cord to replace the one that is also badly yellowed and stiff.

more photos at this link:
http://mienaichizu.multiply.com/photos/album/197#

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

That's quite a transformation Ramil, great job!  I'm sure that took you a long time to complete.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 21, 2009, 06:28:23 AM
That's quite a transformation Ramil, great job!  I'm sure that took you a long time to complete.

thanks! and my shoulders got stiff doing the sanding process ;D

JorgeAmely

Very good job. As they say, "No pain, no gain".
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Rami;
Very, Very, Impressive.
You did that with sanding ONLY, and Polish, no bleaching process. Much more patience than I can muster.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

Wow, good job. Pink seems to show off the lines of AE80s very well. I really like that rural dial also.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

mienaichizu

thanks everyone

DP, I did only the sanding process, no bleaching method. Its quite difficult and tiring but it pays off.

McHeath

Really nice!  Sanding is tiring and annoying but it can achieve great results.  You did well. 

Dan/Panther

Much more so than a 500, the AE80 looks like a dessert. Look at the First picture, it really looks like it would taste good if you took a bite. ;D
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu