Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: tptech302 on July 09, 2015, 10:04:30 PM
They look very nice! Do you have a certain range on sand paper grits you use? I have never done any wet sanding of parts before but have a few I would like to try, and was curious the method and what you used.

Thanks
I use 3M 2000 grit sandpaper, and then I use Ultimate Compound by Meguiar's; both can be found in the auto care section of Walmart. I typically don't go any lower than that, unless there is a huge plastic scratch or paint that needs to be removed. The 2000 grit followed by Compound is really good for fixing tiny imperfections in the plastic that would otherwise barely be noticed, so it makes the finish really look smooth!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Nice job Christian....you are a pro. Did the damage to the bezel and the cap result from poor packing? You did a super job on the refurbs....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Thanks everyone!!

Doug, the dial bezel looks like it was damaged a long time ago; there was dirt in the cracks. They are now super glued and wetsanded smooth. The receiver cap on the Aqua 500 was damaged in shipping, the handset was laying next to the blue AE80 unprotected, so it was inevitably going to be damaged. Fortunately, it too is glued back together. The cracks are still visible, but it was saved!
Christian Petterson

Doug Rose

Christian...how about some closeups of the repaired bezel? Really nice work on this beauty...Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Here is a picture of the repaired bezel cracks. At this angle, the cracks are very easy to see, but a foot or so away, it's pretty much impossible to see, and even harder to notice!
Christian Petterson

Doug Rose

Kidphone