News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Roseville Pottery

Started by AE40FAN, October 21, 2014, 10:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

I visit thrift stores a lot and over the past month I have found two Roseville pottery vases!  My first find was an unmarked blue vase priced under $6.00 at a goodwill.  I knew it was old and I loved the art deco design. So I went ahead and purchased it.  Didn't think much of it and a few days later I attempted to research it.  I was shocked to find out it was indeed manufactured by Roseville.  It's from the highly sought after Futura line "spaceship" is the design.  Apparently, these had paper labels and over the years they fall off.  Hence why it more than likely flew under the radar at the thrift store.  Valued 400-800.  The second piece I found yesterday evening at a Salvation Army.    Priced at 4.99 and it was clearly marked Roseville on the bottom!  Silhouette is the design line and they range anywhere from 70-120.  Still a nice find :)

jsowers

Neither one of those vases looks like typical Roseville, which is a fairly bright background color with a flower on it somewhere. Typical Roseville is usually signed on the bottom too. The Spaceship vase has the same matte looking glaze that most Roseville has and you're right that it really has an Art Deco look to it. Since you got such a bargain, you need to keep it somewhere in that room where you photographed it.

Your table and chair in the background are great and remind me of my best friend's parents' den furniture. They had a sofa and chair like that, with the loose cushions, and a vintage Motorola color TV, all in Danish Modern. The TV finally quit, but the furniture was there until his dad died and they sold the house, always in the same spot.

What kind of phone do you have in that room? An AE40?  :)
Jonathan

AE40FAN

Quote from: jsowers on October 21, 2014, 01:31:07 PM
Neither one of those vases looks like typical Roseville, which is a fairly bright background color with a flower on it somewhere. Typical Roseville is usually signed on the bottom too. The Spaceship vase has the same matte looking glaze that most Roseville has and you're right that it really has an Art Deco look to it. Since you got such a bargain, you need to keep it somewhere in that room where you photographed it.

Your table and chair in the background are great and remind me of my best friend's parents' den furniture. They had a sofa and chair like that, with the loose cushions, and a vintage Motorola color TV, all in Danish Modern. The TV finally quit, but the furniture was there until his dad died and they sold the house, always in the same spot.

What kind of phone do you have in that room? An AE40?  :)

I deal and collect mid century pieces.  Hence the furniture:-) I just sold the "spaceship" vase about an hour ago and It's on its way to Florida!  As for the phone in the room....It's an AE34;-)

Doug Rose

Nice job and nice post...it give me something else to look for. All part of the phone, expanding my knowledge base...many thanks....Doug
Kidphone