News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Does it Exist??? (making a RJ-21 phone cord video on YouTube)

Started by Babybearjs, March 12, 2018, 03:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

was poking through YouTube last night to try to find out if any videos existed on making a RJ-21 phone cord...(25 Pair) and found nothing. has anyone ever made a video on how to make their own RJ21 25 pair phone cords? if it exists, where is it hiding??
John

dsk

I guess you are right about that, but the pinout might be helpful.

The picture is "stolen" from: https://pbxbook.com/other/25pairamp.html

dsk

twocvbloke

I know what you mean, I couldn't find any videos on the GPO Plansets I bought, so using one is a mystery for me, and the clips I did of mine are just play clips rather than serious use and demonstration, so I guess there's only one thing to do, grab the camcorder and make our own videos... ;D

Babybearjs

I can find tons of stuff about the 25 pair wire, but nothing about putting on the connectors... deep surplus and others sell the connectors, but no instructions... I guess the industry must think they are the only ones who can make these cords up....
John

rdelius

Plugged my own cables with an Amp "butterfly"tool.Instructions might been on the net  .Have an extra tool but might be cheeper on ebay
                                                             ,                                         

Babybearjs

WOW! it takes almost 10 full minutes to just lace the unit.... how time consuming.... but!, IT DOES EXIST! Thank you...
John

Jim Stettler

Somewhere I have directions for a butterfly tool. It is for the bench mount model (I think) AMP. I also have a spare butterfly tool somewhere. It is not Amp.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

I just picked one up one Ebay for $9.00. the shipping is what kills me... I think it was over $30.00.....
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 13, 2018, 08:35:51 PM
I just picked one up one Ebay for $9.00. the shipping is what kills me... I think it was over $30.00.....
You got a great deal, even with the shipping.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.