News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

P. T. T. Appareil Mobile BCI France

Started by Doug Rose, October 30, 2018, 07:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone have a picture of the handset? I just picked up the base on the cheap....thanks...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AS-IS-P-T-T-Appareil-Mobile-BCI-France-telephone-base-w-bakelite-case-/392154864952
Kidphone

FABphones

A French U43. I have one in black, and also ivory, should be a thread on here someplace with pics, will take a look...

There you go:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20133.msg206277#msg206277

Same handset on both colours, shows up better in the pics on the ivory.

Shame you are so far, I have spares aplenty for these, including handsets. Yours was made 26th June 1963. The centre dial bolt unscrews and the dial card is double sided. Sometimes (not always) the other side is cleaner.

The wiring diagram should be inside on the base. If yours isn't there I can add a copy to this thread for you.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Handset looks similar to a North, which I have a few. I also have an Ericsson, but it looks just like  a WE F1.  I got the phone for $7 plus $12 shipping.  It will be fun to play with....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

It turns out to be brown...not black....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I thought the phone looked familiar when I purchased it. It was only $7. I was looking for something in the collection and here this was. Nice multiline set....all black, not brown like the one I just bought. Why would a mother in law be on a multi line set??...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 10, 2018, 12:12:27 PM
I thought the phone looked familiar when I purchased it. It was only $7. I was looking for something in the collection and here this was. Nice multiline set....all black, not brown like the one I just bought. Why would a mother in law be on a multi line set??...Doug
Nice find of the month contender. The mother-in -law may be for "quality control" purpose, Kinda like" this call may be recorded". Another thought is a poor mans conference call solution.

That is a neat looking phone. I always like it when telephones have   buttons, switches, or knobs on  telephones.

These are just guesses.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

Quote from: Jim Stettler on November 10, 2018, 12:20:59 PM

That is a neat looking phone. I always like it when telephones have   buttons, switches, or knobs on  telephones.

Jim, if you like phones with lots of buttons, switches & stuff you should like this Russian phone:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=21145.msg215848#msg215848
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

That model has been on my wish list for quite awhile. I don't want the cost or risk of shipping, so I hope to find one at a phone show that I drive to.
Jim S.
Here is the phone that is being discussed
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 10, 2018, 12:12:27 PM
....Why would a mother in law be on a multi line set??...Doug

In France, some rural areas had poor quality lines. The rear listener was on the early phones and they remained a part of the design on later models too (often removed by later owners). The handset was held up to the ear, the listener to the other ear. This improved what could be heard if the call was of poor quality.

The handset for that phone should be the same as the models on the ivory and black phone photo.

That model was available with either none, one, or two levers to the front.

Nice phone.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

thanks CJ....I appreciate the background on it. Definitely a different phone....Doug
Kidphone