News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC Genie model coding & Identifier Codes (Updated)

Started by RotoTech99, October 03, 2014, 09:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Through some researching and checking some photos that show the model code, including the 4 digit code that identifies the dial type, components, customer, and connections I've found out the following:

TEIF and TMBFare the two 4 letter prefixes used with ATC Genies. "TMBF" appears on some of the "CS" labeled ones; "TEIF" is most likely for Genies that went to Independent Telco.'s.

The "T" is for tone dialing, and the "F" is for full-modular, The "E" and "M" 2nd letters, and the 3rd letters "B" and "I"  I haven't been able to determine yet.

The solid color, Two-tone, and leather sets are Series 8300, the Gold electroplate and two-tone Gold/Black and Gold/Brown are Series 8301. The 1 or 2-letter suffix designates the color(s) of the set.

A version of the Genie was also sold through Bell Phone Centers; {I saw one on Ebay that had the carton it came in with Western Electric and the old Bell logo on it.

Maybe some more "blanks" will be filled in, including model numbers for the version with Redial and Hold later...