News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick and big box??

Started by MagicMo, March 29, 2013, 08:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Can anyone tell me about this? Value? It is from 1903, I think.
Thanks,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

davidbholcomb

Quote from: MagicMo on March 29, 2013, 08:06:06 PM
Can anyone tell me about this? Value? It is from 1903, I think.
Thanks,
Mo

What might the marking be on the back of the phone just above the Hershey Kiss looking neck? See example below of where to look. Also inside the subset there should be some markings. What might they be?
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

MagicMo

patent number---I can't read the number!!

20 B, under that

davidbholcomb

What might the markings inside the subset be? Also check out this thread CLICK HERE in this forum
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

Sargeguy

Cool phone!  Probably not a 20-B, a phone of this type would have a two letter code.  The candlestick is worth $80-125 in that condition, the subset $50-75.  It's hard to say how much the whole package is worth.  I would say at least $200 maybe $300 on a good day because of its uniqueness factor.  Not $20,000.  Does it have Bell System markings?  Can you post a picture of the outside of the box?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

MagicMo

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 29, 2013, 08:49:46 PM
Cool phone!  Probably not a 20-B, a phone of this type would have a two letter code.  The phone is worth $80-100 in that condition, the subset $50-75.  It's hard to say how much the whole package is worth.  I would say at least $200 maybe $300 on a good day because of its uniqueness factor.  Not $20,000.  

Dang it! I thought I uncovered another extreme find. It was on craigslist the next town over from mine. The guy sent me the pics. I thought it was pretty cool looking. he is asking 250

Sargeguy

Craigslist?  I thought it was some exotic piece from your Dad's collection!  In that case: $150 and let him keep the box. ;D
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

MagicMo

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 29, 2013, 10:09:24 PM
Craigslist?  I thought it was some exotic piece from your Dad's collection!  In that case: $150 and let him keep the box. ;D

lol!
The box is not collectible? It's kinda cool. no?
Mo

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

Yeah, I thought it was another find in your Dad's attic too, and I was going -
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: MagicMo on March 29, 2013, 10:30:39 PM
Quote from: Sargeguy on March 29, 2013, 10:09:24 PM

lol!
The box is not collectible? It's kinda cool. no?
Mo

Yes, I would want the box with it, especially since it seems to be in good shape.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e