News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Jester's 302's!

Started by Jester, July 02, 2009, 02:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Now that the blue one is finished, I thought you'd like to view my corner of the WE 302 rainbow! ;D
Stephen

Phonesrfun

Absolutely Beautiful!  I am jealous.  All I have are two Ivorys and a bunch of black ones.

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

Holy Phone Heaven Batman!  What a fabulous collection of 302s!  

You could sell tickets.  Phone phiends like us would line up.

Dennis Markham

Wow!  Those are beautiful.  You should be very proud of that collection!  We're ALL envious!!  Maybe some day............

Jester

Thanks, fellas.  Like most of you, I too looked at these for awhile & thought "some day".  After twenty years of this, I finally took the plunge, and it's been fun.  All of these came from ebay in the last 4 months, so you know about what I gave for them.  Still, four of them were the cheapest price for that particular color at the time, and one of the disadvantages in buying one is still a great incentive for owning one-- they aren't getting any cheaper.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

I do think now is the best time as the prices, even for these highly collectible phones seem to be down because of our economy.  That Mediterranean Blue 500 sold yesterday or the day before for $128...those used to be $225 all day long...for one that was discolored.  And that Mahogany 500 last night went for $288...I've seen those go for $350-$400 in that condition.  So now SEEMS to be the time to buy.  Also I believe that buying one with some minor damage can be a way to obtain one for the shelf.  With a little work they can be made to look very nice...until you run into a better one.

Dan

Dennis, you are right about the prices. I just lost out on that blue 500 and the  mahogany brown was around 150 or so with 30 seconds left, then someone lowered the boom and got it up over 200.

Based on my ebay observations over the past two years with the early WE500's , with the first colour being the most common, I feel it seems this is what is out there

Black> Red> Moss green>  Medit. Blue> Ivory> Rose Beige>  Mahogany Brown >Yellow> Oxford gray.

I can't believe how hard it is to find a yellow soft plastic!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:

How about this one as a "bench warmer" until a real soft plastic shows up on Fleabay?

http://www.ericofon.com/catalog/classic2/images/500/500yellow.jpg

Jorge

Dan

I have a harvest yellow from the 70's that I mixed with a black to make my son a Pittsburgh Steeler phone. I like the "canary yellow" lighter ones . Throw in some grey cords too, straight or curly.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jester

At the request of Doug Rose & Jorge Amely, here are a few shots of my colored "302" collection.  One of these is actually a 304, with the correct H3 mounting code stamped on the cover.  As the experts know, I have a way to go in collecting all available colors, but this is a better than average start, in my opinion.
Stephen

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jester on May 18, 2011, 07:30:52 PM
At the request of Doug Rose & Jorge Amely, here are a few shots of my colored "302" collection.  One of these is actually a 304, with the correct H3 mounting code stamped on the cover.  As the experts know, I have a way to go in collecting all available colors, but this is a better than average start, in my opinion.
The Big Six in all their Glory. It doesn't get any better than this!!

Stephen you should be very proud. Very few can boast this wonderful set of Color 302s!....Doug
Kidphone

ESalter

Absolutely beautiful rainbow of 302 there!  Another collector I know had one of every color as well.  He told me at one point he had a clear one and traded it for a Strowger stick, wishes now he hadn't gotten rid of it.

deedubya3800

She comes in colours everywhere
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow

;D

Phonesrfun

I see you keep a fire extinguisher handy just in case the flaming red one on the lower left should ignite!   ;D
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Jester on May 18, 2011, 07:30:52 PM

Nice phones and nice display shelf that looks easy to make.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e