News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 592 speaker phone

Started by foots, July 25, 2009, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

Check out item number 300331956631. Somebody wants this pretty badly.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

I see that Mr. Helpful has weighed in, spreading good cheer and raising the price for all.

Is this phone really worth this kind of money? 

bingster

Paul F. sez 1954 is the first year for this speakerphone, so maybe that's what's driving the price.
= DARRIN =

Dan

http://tinyurl.com/nym7xg

Here's an easier link to get to this. I don't know about speaker phones, perhaps an expert could chime in here and tell us how rare this is.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

foots

In my opinion, no phone of any kind is worth that much, though it is a cool phone.

Dennis Markham

As far as what the phone is worth depends on how bad the buyer needs the piece to complete the puzzle.  If that is the last piece, or an important piece and they don't come around too often the price of poker goes up.  I remember the time when I couldn't imagine paying $50 for a phone.  Sometimes things change.

foots

I hear what you're saying Dennis. I stretched my modest budget for my Signal Corps TA-166/U. Like you said, I wanted  one badly and they don't show up very often. I am also big fan of the key sets (multiline phones) and wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for a really nice one, but sometimes prices do get ridiculous. If one were a big time collector (which I'm not) then perhaps for a very rare setup like the one mentioned here I could understand.

McHeath

With 5 hours left it's up to an even 1,000 bucks.

Dan

wow it finished @ $1725   
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Yah, amazing price.  And a lot of bidding action, so perhaps someone knows something we don't about this phone. 

mienaichizu

hmmmm...., amazing, it really went that high