News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ouch! I'm home with the flu!

Started by Bill Cahill, December 02, 2009, 08:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

50's and winter...... I could only wish.  They are forecasting a cold snap here, and for Tuesday PM, the forecast is for minus 1 Farenheit.  Brrrr.
-Bill G

foots

Sorry to hear about your flu, Bill. I've had that a few times and it absolutely sucks.

Unbelievably, its snowing here again, the second year in a row. It snowed last year at this time for the first time since '87-'88. I'm loving it. I've been sitting under the car port drinking a cold one and watching the snow fall, it's absolutely wonderful. 
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Cool, snow!

Glad you are mending Bill.

Dan/Panther

We had snow last monday, and threats of snow Tommorrow.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Bill Cahill

Thanks for the support I've received. Today I feel a little better. Still weak, sore, tired, and, little appetite, but, I do feel better.
Bought some juices at the store today, and, it's helping to settle my stomach.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

It's good to hear you're getting better!  Hope you get back to 100 percent very soon.
- Tom

contraste

Hope you get better soon Bill.

Had the flu a month or so ago and it's no fun.

For some reason I'm dreading the colder weather that's just around the corner (although it's remarkably mild in London at the moment).
As I get older, it seems to take longer to recover from colds and flu, so perhaps that's why.

To cheer myself up, I watched the Australia vs. West Indies cricket test match highlights on TV earlier today. They are playing in Adelaide and of course their seasons there are the opposite to Europe/North America so it was a hot, sunny day.

I know most of you on this forum won't have seen much cricket but it's a great game and can be very exciting.
I lived in Australia for many years and I became a big fan of the Australian cricket team and their style of playing the game.

A game against the old enemy (England) at a packed Melbourne Cricket Game (well over 80,000 people for some games) is a memory I hold dear.

Anyway, I've gone way off subject so I'll stop now.

bwanna

glad you are mending, bill.  how 'bout u d/p?

u guys quit throwin' that four letter word around...(snow). :o  we were very fortunate this november, here in lower MI. fair temps/no snow.
donna

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
I can't stop sneezing. I must sneeze about 4 times an hour.
Driving me nuts but it feels good.
D/P

AET

We're supposed to get hit hard this week here.  Sposed to get a storm tonite, and I think Wednesday and Thursday too.
Quote from: bwanna on December 05, 2009, 06:34:22 PM
u guys quit throwin' that four letter word around...(snow). :o  we were very fortunate this november, here in lower MI. fair temps/no snow.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Phonesrfun

We had a low of zero Farenheit last night.  Pretty cold.  Right now, it is 10
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Ouch Bill!  That is too cold for this time of year.  They're predicting that big snow storm is headed this way.  However the lower, southeastern corner of our State isn't expected to get much.  The area along Lake Michigan is supposed to get four feet!  That's FEET!  Glad I don't live there.

Bill Cahill

Ah, nothin'!
I remember the storm ofI believe it was 1970.
Detroit got that nasty one from Canada. We had 8 feet of snow, with snow  gusts of up to 12 feet. Wind was high, and, we got down to something like  -32 F. Now, THAT'S cold!
My bosss Craig, and, I were on a service call, and, then, he bought a used truck.
Battery died, and, gass froze...
Traffic along 8 mile road was only crawling along at about 15 mph.
Oh, was that NASTY!!!!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."