News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What's become of Hobiesport?

Started by foots, December 16, 2009, 03:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

Has anyone heard from Hobiesport lately? Last I heard he mentioned having to sell his land.  I see now that his info is no longer accessible.  ???
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Bill Cahill

He's still on the member list. I sent him a pm.
He was last on the forum on Nov. 6. That's a long time..
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

mienaichizu

oh, I didn't catch up on the forums lately

bingster

Sargeguy and Winkydink haven't been around in a while either.  People come and go, I guess.
= DARRIN =

Phonesrfun

The last I heard from him was probably in the October timeframe, when I sent him a regular e-mail.  He was dealing with the sale or possible sale of property, and apologized for not being on the board for some time.  I do hope he can get back on.

-Bill G

JorgeAmely

NYFED is also gone. He showed us a nice bakelite phone collection.
Jorge

AET

I was just wondering about him as well.  I didn't know he had to sell his land (must have been during my absence). 
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Same here. I got a short pm from hobiewport  after pm'ing him this morning.
He said he hasn't been here since July.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

QuoteSargeguy and Winkydink haven't been around in a while either.  People come and go, I guess.

I thought this place was like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave. ;)

Bill Cahill

I don't know. He didn't say how he was. I pm'd him back, but, so far, no answer. I asked him how he was, and, what was going on.
Bill Cahill

foots

I for one miss him. He an I had been exchanging PMs about the finer points of  pest removal, recipes, culture and other such things as well as the previously mentioned property dilemma. Then he just stopped posting.  I had PM'd him but never got a reply. I hope he's ok.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Bill Cahill

Just received another pm from Matt, hobiesport.
He seems concerned about old age, and, says he has way too many phones.
He wants to cut back alot.
I've urged him not to quit the group, and, told him we all miss him....
I'll let you guys know when I hear anything else..
Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

Matt was logged in this morning, but didn't post.
Matt are doing the Huckleberry Finn funeral scene ???
DS/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Quote from: Bill Cahill
Just received another pm from Matt, hobiesport.
He seems concerned about old age, and, says he has way too many phones.
He wants to cut back alot.
I've urged him not to quit the group, and, told him we all miss him....
I'll let you guys know when I hear anything else..
Bill Cahill

Hi Everyone! Gee, it's nice to be missed. I don't feel so old today... :D

Yes, as Bill said, I'm thinking about selling most of my phones and just keeping the best ones, but I'm in no hurry. They are all un-refurbished. I think I have abut 50 phones. Gee...do you think I bought too many? The local phone technician from Pac Bell thinks they are great though...

So...gee, I have a lot of catching up to do on the forum. I just took several months off the forum to take care of some pressing things in my life. The biggest change that I've made in life is that my woman-friend has moved to San Diego, where her son and his wife live, and there is a better economy to sell her artwork. Anyway, we are both still happy, just that she doesn't live at my place anymore.

So now that I'm officially a single "empty nestor", I was asking around my neighborhood if anyone might be interested in renting my two houses. I'm pretty much living in the big-classic-ugly-but-lovable-old-trailer anyway.

Well it turns out that my good neighbors, a nice responsible couple just down the road, are going to rent and manage the whole property, and they are even probably going to buy it from me eventually, and let me stay here in my trailer for the rest of my life. We'll have a real contract about that, of course.

Pretty good deal for me. I enjoyed being a homeowner, but it was also getting to be overwhelming, so it's a relief for me to sell it, and still get to live here, and it will be great to have new folks here with new energy.

So I'm still not really ready to decide what to do with all my phones, but if I decide to sell any, I'll post the info on the forum first thing.

So...what have I missed on the forum in the past few months? Did anyone find a '49 500?

Thanks!
-Matt (HobieSport)
-Matt