"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Downunder

Started by hybrid, June 14, 2013, 01:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybrid

Hi,
I'm from Downunder (Australia) and I just want to introduce myself. I started in electronics at age 9, when I finished High School I got my first job in an electrical store. My second job was in an electronics retail store in the inner city of Newcastle. I went to college for all of 1980 and upon graduation joined the Tel co - Telecom, now called 'Telstra' where I learned about local and trunk telephone exchanges (central offices).

I went up to Brisbane, Queensland in 1986 and entered into the business machine trade, first as a techy, than as a salesman and programmer, who could also do some service work.

I'm now retired, but work voluntary at a Men's Shed here in Brisbane 2 days a week, and am setting up and electronics lab and one of my favourite projects is - you guessed it - telephones! I'm working on some old intercom designs, with more modern handsets than were available 10 years ago, so have had to 'reinvent the wheel' a little here and there.
Anyway, enough from me for now........

Austin Hellier

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Austin, and G'day! (Night, here) ;)

I think you'll have a good time here...kind folks, much amassed knowledge, and enough searchable info to make your head spin...

Please, make yourself 'to home', and enjoy the forum!

Best regards!

Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus