"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Trimphone Vs Old

Started by maxmix, July 02, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmix

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help me out. I'm really after a genuine GPO red 722 Trimphone. However they seem quite hard to come by.

My question, is it possible to swap the body & Handset from a "New" Trimphone such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Wild-Wolf-Trimphone-Retro-Trim-Phone-Telephone-with-Push-Button-Dialling-/350666162250?pt=UK_MobilePhones_HomePhones_HomePhones_JN&hash=item51a555004a
( dead link 11-23-21 ) with a old innards, to create a sort of Frankenstein phone.

Any help, as ever, will be gratefully received.

Liam
So, what's all this about Phones???

twocvbloke

Given my experience of chinese clonephones (in my case, WE500 lookalikes), they tend to not match the originals in several ways, such as physical dimensions, lack of mounting points, and generally just completely different castings altogether preventing frankensteining...  :-\

Your best bet to make a red trimphone would be to find any other colour which is badly discoloured and respray it, some would say it's sacrilege, but personally I'm not a fan of the trimphone, the only part that intrigues me is the radioactive dials... :D

LarryInMichigan

The transmitter from the Chinese phone will not likely work with the old phones components.

Larry