News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Confessions of a phone addict: Kenton k's collection gallery

Started by Kenton K, September 29, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

I thought its sbout time for my virtual phone exhibit. So here goes.

Firstly, I have for show is my 1950 western electric 500 set. It's from October 1950 and it's all matching dates, even the cords. It's got the clear bezel and small operator font. This set me back s total of $30,

Dan/Panther

Wow nice find. I collect Black 500 sets from the 50's. With October date. I was born in October. October 1950 is the only one missing from my set of 10.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

Hi everyone,

Next up are two nice 500 sets. One is a 1955 Rose Beige 500 set and the other is a 1957 Ivory. They both have the long 25' line cord, which is neat.

For anyone curious, these were both acquired in a teletrainer lot on the bay. That is why both phone numbers are the same. Also, because they were kept in the teletrainer case for most of their lives, they have both have very minimal fading. The only bad thing about these phones is that they got lost in USPS and it took over 1 month to arrive. Nightmare material!

-Ken

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

Kenton K

Thanks, I will say, you've got some spectacular phones yourself. Do you have your own gallery, Christian?

Ken

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on September 30, 2014, 10:34:55 AM
Thanks, I will say, you've got some spectacular phones yourself. Do you have your own gallery, Christian?

Ken
Yes, I do have one, but it hasn't been updated in a long time! I have at least three times more phones on display now!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11072.0
Christian Petterson

Russ Kirk

Nice phones Ken!

Depending on how many phones you have this may become very long thread with many replies.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

Very, very nice!!

Christian, feel free to update your post.

Ben

Kenton K

Thanks,

Here are the last of my soft plastic 500 sets.

One is a faded light gray, complete, but slightly faded. I need to give it a nice clorox bath.

The other one is a soft red 501. Its dates are all over the place. The base is from 1952, handset from 1956, and case from 1958. I really love the fat handset cord. Also, it's actually missing the tube, so I am looking for one.

-Kenton

Kenton K

Hello! An update,

Here is the rest of the 'new' collection.
None are soft plastic, the white and pink are both around 1960.
The yellow And Aqua are both new 70s.
I also own a beige 500, but its modular.

A neighbor gave me the 1500 in the center. I thought it just a modern 2500 set when he described it as a "pushbutton". I was really lucky!

-Kenton

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, what a great collection so far! I have had a growing friendliness towards the 1500, partly because of its historical significance!
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

I burned some more money!!! :-[ $40 plus shipping to be exact :-[

WEBellSystemChristian

Hey, that's a great deal for a 1565, especially in all-original condition! I got mine for $19, but it has non date-matching beige plastics. :-\

Very nice find! I'm jealous!
Christian Petterson